Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2002 owners manual says that the rims are coated with a protective finish and care should be used when cleaning them as to not remove the finish. What products do you recommend using to clean them?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
P21-S. Or Meguiar's makes a purple cleaner just for this purpose--very similar to the P21-S. On cold wheels, just spray it on and let it sit for a minute. Rinse off with lots of clear water. If you want you can help things along with a rag or brush. But the cleaner dislodges the brake dust without harming the clearcoat on the wheels.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Another good one is Eagle1. The "all wheel" formula is one I used for seven years on my DC van wheels and the clear coat was still perfect when I sold the van.

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
564 Posts
Clear-coat is paint, and the same care should be taken with the wheels as with the rest of the car if you want them to keep looking great. Brake dust is nasty stuff, but if removed regularly will not cause problems. Waxing the wheels (with whatever you use on the rest of the car) when completely clean is a great way to protect them.

------------------
-= Darell =-
2001 Civic EX - currently the BIG car.
1997 EV1 - "This is NOT your father's golf cart"

·
Registered
76 Posts
meguiars wheel cleaner

Just used Meguiars Hot Wheels cleaner for the first time on rims that hadn't been cleaned in about 6 months. This stuff works great and is said to be safe for all wheels.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Jerry O said:
Another good one is Eagle1. The "all wheel" formula is one I used for seven years on my DC van wheels and the clear coat was still perfect when I sold the van.

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX
What else was perfect on a DC van after 7 years?

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have always had good luck on Honda wheels with just the same carwash soap i used on the car (I do the wheels last so as not to have to wash the car with wheel dirt in the bucket).

·
Registered
35 Posts
I also recently tried Meguiars Hot Rims wheel cleaner. It worked great; probably better than any wheel cleaner I have used before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts