Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
In a nutshell, the 60 is a lower profile tire (less rubber between the wheel and the road) than the 65 and the 60 has less load carrying capacity.

215 is the tire's section width in millimeters and the 65 is the aspect ratio or the tires height as a percentage of the section width

A 215/65 R16 tire's width is 215mm and the height is 65% of 215mm which is about 140mm
A 215/60 R16 tire's width is 215mm and the height is 60% of 215mm which is about 129mm

Stick with the factory size, speed rating, and inflation for the best ride and best accuracy of your speedometer and odometer.

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
I have a question for you country cat. Did you know that we have a whole dedicated wheels/tires forum?

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
No, I am pretty new to here.

I think I got the wrong size tires....I got 60 not 65.
Yes it seems you got the wrong size but please carry on the discussion in your other thread in the wheels forum. The stickies there have calculators to tell you the impact of the tire size change. Check those out too. It should be fine with the wrong size except that the speedometer and odometer will be off. If I were you, I'd go back and get the right size though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts