Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2002 MB EX. My wife was driving it today and hit a pot hole in the road. The hole cut the tire and ruined it. Come to find out there is not road hazard coverage on the tires(michelin symetries). We had to buy a new tire, cost $111.00. I couldn't believe that the tire didn't have road hazard, but in the tire warranty book it says under "what is not covered" road hazard is not covered. I am still in a little disbelief. I would have thought that they would have road hazard protection.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Very few if any tires automatically include a road hazard warranty any more. In my area, tire dealers will normally add one along with lifetime balance for about a 10% surcharge when you buy the tires. Automobile manufacturers typically do not include coverage.

·
Registered
102 Posts
That may not be the worst of your news, if the pot hole was deep enough to cut a fully inflated tire, then you likely have wheel damage as well. Make sure the new tire balances properly and carefully inspect the wheel for damage. If there is any doubt, replace the wheel.

------------------
Craig

1 - 3 of 3 Posts