Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

I am planning to replace my '99 odyssey's firestone tires with 42k miles( still got lots of mileage left)on it. I am currently looking to replace with 225/60/16 Dunlop Sp Sport A2. Has anyone install those tires on stock rims and how do you like them. Also, will 235/60/16 work on a stock rims?

Another question is siping the tire. Has anyone done that and what's its benefits and problems? I saw the page on the tires.com site, but unsure if it will really bring improvements or problems.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
596 Posts
The 235mm tire is a perfect size for the Odyssey, on stock wheels. As to siping, I can imagine no benefit in your area, since you do not get a lot of rain, ice or snow.

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jerry,

Do you have a photo of your tires? Does it sticks out or just flush? Will it rub the suspension?

All,

I have asked many tire shops and they all recommand 225/60/16. But based on my calculation, 235/60s will compensate the odometer's error where as the 225/60 will increase it. Am I calculated this correctly?

Any information will be great! Those who had Dunlops Sp Sport A2s, how is the ride so far?

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have no pix, but, the tires look just about the same as stock. At full steering lock, they will just barely contact the inner fender liner where it is smooth. That is no problem. Yes, the speedometer is a little closer with that size.

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
478 Posts
The Dunlops are excellent! I have 235s on my Ody, but in a 17 inch 55 series. Not stock wheels either of course...but I do recommend the tires!

------------------
'02 RP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,Weathertech mats, lampguards, gold emblems,
17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires
"Nothing you do for children is ever wasted" G.Keillor

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have owned a set Dunlop D40 M2, a pure summer tire and a set of Dunlop D60A2 - all season. I have been very satisfied with Dunlops. So when it came time to purchase new tires for the Ody, Dunlop was very high on my list.

Last week I purchased a set of P225/60/16 Dunlop SP Sport A2. The Dunlops are a much better tire than the factory Michelin Symmetry's. Ride is very smooth for an all season tire. Good traction in the rain. I haven't had the opportunity to try the tires in the Snow, but I have my reservations. The tire has a solid tread in the centre and 2 rain channels which gives the smooth ride and good wet traction but probably be horrible in the snow. There is very few sipes on the tire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts