Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have used nothing but the OEM Michelin's in the 5+ years we have owned this vehicle. The Michelin's just don't last even with regular tire rotation as recommended. Multiple dealers/shops have told us this van is VERY tough on tires.

I am considering Michelin again, Toyo or Cooper. Help!! Anyone have any proven success with a tire?

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
Moved your post to the dedicated wheels/tires forum. Please post in correct forum categories in the future to prevent your threads from getting locked if posted in the wrong forums.

We have several older threads on the tires for your gen of the oddy. Perhaps you can read up on older threads in this forum?

·
Registered
288 Posts
As our SuperModerator dvpatel says: "Use the Search option!" There are a couple of threads already running on the forum addressing this issue. However, I would also suggest that you do your own research with other sources such as Consumer Reports and Tire Rack. I came to the conclusion that the OEM Michelins are some of the WORST tires Michelin produces! I purchased a used 2008 EX almost two months ago, and the original owner ran the tires (the crappy OEM Michelins) almost bald because she was selling it and didn’t want to buy new tires. I waited until a month ago and bought the Goodyear Assurance Comfortread Touring tires because there is a current rebate going on for these tires ($80 on a set of four, rebate doubled with either Goodyear or Sears Credit Cards). I can't speak to how "successful” they have been for me but these tires are getting very good reviews both in this forum and on Tire Rack. Good luck with your tire purchase!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts