Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very shortly my 2005 Odyssey EX is in needs for third time new set of tires.

Recently dealer suggested to look into TOYO (claimed last 130 km) instead of Michelin (claimed last 80 km).

Questions :
1/ - Anyone has any experience with TOYO four seasons on their Odyssey?
2/ - How is winter handling?
3/ - Can anyone had both kind of tires and their driving experience?

Then...again recently one of the tires got three nails.
Repairman put pressure to 44 as suggested by tire manufacturer!
I found that higher tire pressure as a very uncomfortable driving.

Reset to Honda's recommended 35!

However - gas mileage improved a little bit.

Driving 600 km on that 40 pressure I did any damage to the Ody suspension?

Thanks in advance for answers.

Greetings....

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I've liked Toyo's in the past but no experience with these in particular. IMHO...not much could be WORSE than the OEM Michelins. We ran Cooper CS4's to repalce Michelin and have been very happy although tread-life isn't much better. We don't get many miles out of any tire due to the very twisty high-speed roads we drive.

I highly doubt you caused any damage with tire pressure. Might stir-up some extra rattles inside...but that's not hard to do with these.

·
Registered
389 Posts
As a snow tire, Toyos have a stellar reputation up here in these parts. I've had 2 sets myself and I have to say they have been more than up to the task with excellent traction on ice and great bite in snow. Honda and Toyota dealerships normally carry them. I can't comment on all seasons as I think they're completely useless in REAL winters.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Agree on the snows. Even down here where we don't have REAL winters...it's usually very slippery sloppy snow or ice...and the Ody is lousy with all-seasons and just fair with Blizzaks. We ran one winter with the Coopers and they were better than the Michelins but still were not good enough for getting this porker up steep hills. The Blizzaks just barely get us up a couple hills and we've still had to park it a couple times.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I had the Bridgestone Turenza's and now have the Toyo Versado (all season).

I used the Toyos for one winter and found they were ok. I opted for the Blizzak's for my winter driving, the following winter.

The driving experience is similar, but I would not do the Toyo all season's again. They have a problem with balancing, and even after balancing at the dealer and a reputable tire shop there is still some vibration in the steering wheel when driving on the highway.

The vibration comes and goes, but I never experienced the vibration when the Turenzas were on the van.

When the Toyo's are worn down enough I will be going back to the Turenza or I may try the Goodyear Assurance Comfortred.

I would recommend going with the Bridgestone Turenza, they were the other OE tire for the Ody.

Good luck with your tire search!

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Its getting harder and harder to keep things straight. Can you please post in correct forums so that we don't have to start locking threads that are in the wrong forum because folks are purposefully posting topics in the 05+ forum, we might have to resort to locks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts