Honda Odyssey Forum banner

To fix or not to fix.....

• Spend the money - the Ody will last another 100.000-miles!

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Battle scars show character!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You're a vacillating fool.... make-up your mind already!

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Go find an Escalade and make the other side match!

Votes: 2 33.3%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you who have replied to my many - probably sometimes frustrating posts - you know that I am the original owner of a 2nd-gen Ody and over the last 8-years our family has enjoyed 160.000+ miles with her and innumerable cross-country road trips. I tend to be fastidious about things and as things went wrong they were fixed - I've had the front bumper cover painted 3x because the rock chips interfered with the polisher!! As Helga has gotten a little long in the tooth (and I can't bear to part with her - under threat from my son's and my pocketbook) I have been more reluctant to fix little things.

This past weekend a kindly young woman in her GARGANTUAN Escalade, which she apparently did not know how to drive clipped the rear bumper cover and tail-light. Of CoUrSe the girl somehow rationalized (screaming from her seat) that it was somehow my fault even-though I was completely in the parking space and drove off.... I was in such shock from her attitude I did not write the license plate down (GRRR....) The estimate to repair is almost $1.000!!!

I'm thinking that I might just leave the "damage" and chalk it up to character or battle scars from the mall.... Is that too trashy!?!? As much as I am attached to her, I believe that she is probably only worth $6.000 and I should probably stop dumping money into her. Other than this she looks new as I detail her every week-end, and there is not so much as a scratch on her......

·
Registered
157 Posts
If the damage was to the bumper itself and nothing underneath, I'd fix her but wait patiently and opportunistically for parts to show up at a "reasonable" price. maybe hunt in craigslist or e bay for parts. shouldnt cost you 1000 in the long run.

Good Luck!

CK

1 - 2 of 2 Posts