Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help. I was driving my wife to the doctors office when my 2008 Odyssey xl started acting up. Trying to accelerate from a stop light, I had no traction, I shifted into 1st gear to get going then back to drive. There were several dash lights on, I didn’t record which ones. I returned home to figure out what was going on. I measured the battery voltage at 12.2 vdc engine off and 13.4 with the engine running. I preformed an alternator test with my innova 3040c scanner and found my alternator was not putting out enough voltage. Time to replace it. My scanner also showed 4 Faults O2S, CAT, EVA and EGR. I think the faults are all related to low battery voltage? I am a new member and need some guidance. Thanks calldavid2011

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
You can use the below to monitor voltage while driving:

·
Registered
2015 Touring Elite
26 Posts
Yes, I had a similar experience when my alternator died and everything cleared up with a new alternator and a charged battery.
I second this Alternator, Battery & have them check the entire length of the positive side battery cable. That may be the root cause if it's going faulty. I had that issue with my 2010-EXL.
best of luck to you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you ever remove your battery, e.g. for repair, service, battery charging, then the battery terminal could be loosed. I experienced sudden alternator failure while driving, so I do agree that low battery voltage (either alternator, or battery) will throw many codes together, e.g. ABS, misfire, airbag, EGR, ignition coil, etc, but low current draw due to poor connection, or oxidation (high resistant) are other possible cause as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts