Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Odyssey EX-L
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving around in our new Odyssey, I decided to quick check the oil life. A couple of presses on the steering wheel button, and then I said out loud "Hm. We've got 4600 miles on this thing and the oil is still at 50%."

My wife said "50%? When do you change it?"

"Well, at 0% of course, although probably a little before that." I replied.

She looked at me like I had three heads and exclaimed "You wait until there's no oil left?"

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Actually this is a bigger issue than it seems for the general public.

I seen SOO many people who go past their oil change, add unnecessary amounts of oil, and a whole lot of other things, because they don't know what the oil life reading actually is.

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
I swear, I'm trying to raise my kids to be better than those who don't know where the hood release is located.

OF

·
Registered
2013 Ody Touring with 125 on it, never wrecked, escaped VCM so far...
34 Posts
I swear, I'm trying to raise my kids to be better than those who don't know where the hood release is located.

OF
I've been making my oldest son find the hood release on all our vehicles. Last week I told him to change the Ody's air filter and just let him struggle a bit. He's very mechanically inclined, but knowing how to take care of a car is not natural or genetic. Need to throw him under the hood more often.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i gave myself a good chuckle this morning when i woke up and it dawned on me that in my search for a van, i opted for one with more hp, i.e.-3.5L V6 @ 280hp.... only to realize once i brought it home what i really got was an "over clocked i3" that gets 40% less MPG than an i4 sienna. o_O:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
1,691 Posts
i gave myself a good chuckle this morning when i woke up and it dawned on me that in my search for a van, i opted for one with more hp, i.e.-3.5L V6 @ 280hp.... only to realize once i brought it home what i really got was an "over clocked i3" that gets 40% less MPG than an i4 sienna. o_O:rolleyes:
Sure, compare a hybrid with a gas car. That makes sense.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX
66 Posts
what i really got was an "over clocked i3" that gets 40% less MPG than an i4 sienna. o_O:rolleyes:
I think of it more as an “under clocked i6” than an “over clocked i3”. 😂 But good analogy there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts