Honda Odyssey Forum banner

tomato juice stain! Help!

2K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  FLORA 
#1 ·
Well, I blew it. I took some homegrown tomatoes to my mother's house and my daughter stepped on supposedly watertight plastic bag. I have a silver-dollar sized red stain on the carpet in between the two center seats. Nothing seems to be working.

I have heard of a product called Wine Away, that takes out even old red, food based stains. Can't seem to find it anywhere in town, only on the net. Has anyone ever used this product, or do you have any other suggestions? It's the beige interior, by the way.

And yes, I hang my head low in shame that I did not Scotch Guard my carpets.

[This message has been edited by moonatics (edited 11-02-2001).]

See less See more
#3 ·
There hasn't been anything I couldn't remove with Folex, a carpet cleaner that I buy from Home Depot. I've got a dog and a baby, so I know carpet spots. I'd certainly give it a shot.

If that doesn't work, tomato juice should take it right out

------------------
-= Darell =-
2001 Civic EX (ULEV)- currently the BIG car.
1997 EV1 (ZEV) in process - "This is NOT your father's golf cart"

#5 ·
Try hydrogen peroxide, followed by Woolite. Several applications of this worked on a tomato that rolled out of the grocery sack and up under the passenger seat, where it remained over the weekend, while my accord was in the broiling sun at the airport parking lot. Wow, when I opened the door!

#6 ·
Have you ever seen those annoying commercials for Oxyclean, where that guy with the dark hair and beard keeps touting what an amazing product it is (http://www.oxyclean.com/oxicleanindex1.html)? I've never used it myself, but if it works the wonders he claims it will, then I would try that first. I've seen it for sale at Linens and Things (you do have those in So. CA, right?)

If niether that or the other suggestions do the trick, I would suggest you live with it. We all want to keep our $25K+ vehicles in pristine condition forever, but you can't prevent life from happening or kids from being kids. It usually happens when you're being the most careful.

#7 ·
For what it's worth, I ran across this website regarding stain removal. I used the directions to remove bright pink pen ink from a pair of pants. I apologize for the length of the URL, but I came across the information using Jeeves' search engine.

Jeff

http://www.ask.com/main/followup.asp?qCategory=HOME&ask=how+do+you+clean+clothing+stains&qSource=4&origin=0&frames=yes&site_name=Jeeves&metasearch=yes&ads=&sv=223&back=http%3A%2F%2 Fwww.ask.com%2Fmain%2FaskJeeves.asp%3Forigin%3D0%26qSource%3D4%26site_name%3DJeeves%26metasearch%3Dyes%26ads%3D%26ask%3Dhow%2Bdo%2Byou%2Bclean%2Bclothing%2Bstains&aj_ques=snapshot% 3DJeeves%26kbid%3D360145%26item1%3D1159894-1159896&aj_logid=25C7DFFAE08633479D48E6EA2F95CFBB&aj_rank=1&aj_score=2.44&aj_list1=1159894-1159896&x=14&y=11

------------------
Jeff

'01 SS EX
Cassette, Rosen Video System, Fog Lights, Splash Guards
Full Nose Mask

See photos at:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/B5EC5C7BC6CFA07

#8 ·
peroxide or non chlorine bleach or even oxy clean( all of which are the same product) DAB never rub the stain.... then use a wet dry vac to suck it up inbetween dabbings.... dont use SOAP. soap leaves a residue... that attracts stains. I have also used SPOT SHOT for other stains. wd40 is great for grease.....
after you finally remove the stain ( which could take some time) SCOTCHGAURD EVERYTHING!!!!

GL!!!

now if anyone could help me my son got ink on the leather...... and the plastic...... :mad:

#9 ·
I think you can use a skunk to get tomato juice stains out. Hmmmm. Nope- never mind. It's the other way around. :)

#12 ·
Tomato Stain Removal

Most of the advice listed above may work. I assume you have removed all you could remove by blotting or scraping.

Spray on a weak detergent solution. Allow to set in for 5 min. Rub gently, then remove with a wet - dry vacuum. Next respray with plain cool water to remove the detergent and again suck to water out with a wet and dry vacuum.

If this does not work, do the above with a 8 to 1 solution of amonia and water. (8 water and 1 amonia)
Good luck!

#14 ·
tomato juice stain

hi, the BEST i have found and swear by it with dogs, g-kids and sometimes the grease smeard from the sliding door on my ody beige carped (kid's having funn? ) is called INCREDIBLE. put it on, dap it out and that's it ! i buy it at true value . (a hardware store) boy it works !! it's a white bottle (1 pint) for about 4 bucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.