Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not going to have a day warm enough to apply the Z-2 of my dreams - at least I can't count on one. Any suggestions regarding an off-the-shelf product that will serve to protect my finish from snow and ice until we get the warmth of spring? I know (think? hope?) that some can be applied at lower temps. I am primarily concerned with avoiding the scratches caused when scraping ice.

As always, thank you.

·
Registered
234 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dMax:
I am not going to have a day warm enough to apply the Z-2 of my dreams - at least I can't count on one. Any suggestions regarding an off-the-shelf product that will serve to protect my finish from snow and ice until we get the warmth of spring? I know (think? hope?) that some can be applied at lower temps. I am primarily concerned with avoiding the scratches caused when scraping ice.

As always, thank you.
</font>

ZAINO has a new product. It acts like a catalyst. It's called ZFX. You add a small amount of it to the Z-2, and it sets up immediately, no need to wait. In fact you no longer have to apply the Z-1. It is a new product, and sounds like it solves the cold weather set up problem. Go to the ZAINO site and check it out, or call Sal and see if it will work in your temperature zone.

Good Luck

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just emailed Sal. Thanks.

I may just visit the auto parts store to buy a 2nd class product. Even if I can put the Z-2 w/ZFX on in colder weather, by the time I send him a check, and it clears, and he sends me the stuff, and I get a chance to apply it, we could have 3 feet of snow. I can always Dawn wash and Zaino my brains out in April.

------------------
dMax
'02 GG EX-L w/fog lights

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am also concerned about protecting the finish, but the weather here has also turned too cold. Does Honda apply a coat of wax to the vehicle prior to its leaving the factory? If not, is there anything I can do quickly that will save me from hypothermia and protect it till spring when I can do a thorough job?

[This message has been edited by bigE (edited 12-21-2001).]

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bigE:
I am also concerned about protecting the finish, but the weather here has also turned too cold. Does Honda apply a coat of wax to the vehicle prior to its leaving the factory? If not, is there anything I can do quickly that will save me from hypothermia and protect it till spring when I can do a thorough job?</font>
Heat wave in Chicago today, it must be 40°F!

·
Registered
9 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Maugham:
Heat wave in Chicago today, it must be 40°F! </font>
Unfortunately, I couldn't play hooky and take advantage of this balmy weather! Maybe I'll just have to drive it to a warmer climate!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts