Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the master cylinder seal recall done on my 07 odyssey and the tech at the dealer informed me that my transmission fluid was overfilled by 2 qts plus. he suggested that it could damage my transmission so he would drain and refill to the "proper" level. I politely declined thinking he just wanted to add extra services (he also suggested a whole bunch of other things, alignment, filters, throttle clean up, etc etc).

My odyssey has 37K miles and i had the tranny fluid done at 30K at a honda dealer in MN (i have since moved the CA). My question is, is it even possible for someone at the dealer to overfill the tranny fluild by 2 full qtrs? If this is the case, can it truly damage the transmission?

thanks for any input.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It is possible to overfill. Will it damage the trans? Possibly, over time. But I would think with that much overfill you would have noticed it draining/leaking out the trans. vent onto the ground/floor. If I were you I'd be checking the fluid level myself to confirm the techs opinion. If it is overfilled then simply drain the excess out. If not then don't go back to that stealer. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts