Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of driving smaller, sportier cars, I decided to look at some larger vehicles. Mostly this was to carry things inside the vehicle instead of on the back as a pickup truck, trailer, or hitch mounted bike racks. No kids, no pets, no family stickers on the back window, just looking for a larger rear door opening so my wife and I could roll in a couple of bikes and enough gear to go camping for a weekend.

I did a little research and decided to look at Honda, Toyota, Chrysler, and Kia, in that order. I took a measuring tape to ensure my Haro 29er Flightline could fit in the van without having to take the front wheel off. After 30 minutes with the sales person I was convinced that I had no reason to look at the other three vans. My first new Honda. That last one I had was a used 96 CRX, I think.

I cannot say enough about how great of an experience I had at Hill Country Honda in San Antonio. The last five cars I purchased were from the a dealer I hesitantly trusted ... and I thought they were pretty good ... until now. These folks take professionalism to another level. Every question, complaint, comment ... was met with really helpful and seemingly sincere responses.

So, no, not a paid sponsor or internet troll. And not a bad dealer story. But hopefully the beginning of a good one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I am. Already put almost 7k miles in two months. It is a really nice vehicle and I am loving most of it. The only real complaint is the lack of outside ambient temperature. Even the cheapest Kia has that these days, but it is removed in the LX trim. It is actually more fun to drive than I would have imagined and quite comfortable. Most of those miles are 13 hour trips at a time, and averaging 27 mpgs on the highway usually running at 80 mph. The handling is very predictable and nimble for a vehicle of this size and weight, and the few times I had to rev it up hard, the motor sounds amazing ... and plenty of power for what I need. I am quite happy so far. Thanks for asking!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts