Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put my two young'uns in the third row over the weekend, and decided to take out the driver side 2nd row seat just for the hell of it. What a difference! Just getting them in and out is so easy, and my wife or I can sit in the other 2nd row seat and be able to get up to sort them out with no problems. So much space! I've put them in the 3rd row for now as I have my in-laws coming to stay tomorrow (for four weeks), then I'll be putting them back in the 2nd row when they leave.

------------------
Richard
2002 Granite Green EX-L
Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I wish the 2nd row seats had a better place to grab them during removal/installation. They are just plain awkward to wrestle in and out. There has got to be a way to deal with them, particularly for people who aren't particularly strong.

Regards,

Maugham

P

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I wish the 2nd row seats had a better place to grab them during removal/installation. They are just plain awkward to wrestle in and out. There has got to be a way to deal with them, particularly for people who aren't particularly strong.</font>
I agree. My trick is to take the headrest out, tumble the seat, then slide my left hand under the backrest and get my right hand under the very bottom cushion (near the tether anchor). It is very heavy, but I managed to move both of them (and put them back in) allright. I also wish there was some sort of rubber feet on the bottom to have it sit on.

Michelle

------------------
"Isn't it fustrating how mechanical items will suddenly work when you're trying to prove they're broken?"

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
But remember, with an Ody the glass is half full. Imagine being forced to deal with this issue on the rearmost seats.

I've never, ever understood how people could think it's a "feature" to be forced to remove your seats to make room in a minivan. When the commercial starts out with the smiling mom rolling the seats out of the back, you know that soulless marketers are in charge.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by adam1991:
But remember, with an Ody the glass is half full. Imagine being forced to deal with this issue on the rearmost seats.

I've never, ever understood how people could think it's a "feature" to be forced to remove your seats to make room in a minivan. When the commercial starts out with the smiling mom rolling the seats out of the back, you know that soulless marketers are in charge.
</font>

My wife can hardly manage the 2nd row chairs, and they are pretty average for weight among minivans. To be honest, they aint that easy for me, either. I can't imagine having a full rear bench to remove, and I'm sure my wife can't either since she hauls most of the lumber and home improvement items...

My Century NextStep DX does have one nice feature. It has a carrying handle that protrudes a hair over the top of the seat. Installed with LATCH and tether, it does give you a little better grip to remove a chair.

See:

http://photos.yahoo.com/tcaviller

[This message has been edited by caviller (edited 12-18-2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts