Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on Saturday. I have driven it more than 100 miles so far. Just like most new owners of the 02'. LOVE IT.
Compare to my 99' EX-L, it definitely worths to trade up to 02'. No regret so far.
The wait was about 2 months in this particular dealer in Hosuton. We ordered on 9/18 with $500 off MSRP. Originally we ordered the RedRock Pearl and switched to Evergreen in 2 days. Their 'drive-out' price was a little higher than the lowest offer we have got in Houston, but they matched it later. Our overall experience with this dealer, actually the salesman, is very positive. They even matched the extended warranty price offered by Tracy in Kentucky.
This is my first experience with the Nav and it works so wonderful that we are glad we have picked this option instead of the RES.
However, can someone tell me how to turn it off if I don't need it ? I know I can just ignore it after I turned the ignition key on and it'll turn dark and only shows the clock, but how can I shut it down in the middle of the road trip ?
Also, another question to other 02' Ex owner is: Where is the red flashing indication light after you have armed the van? How I or a potential thief can tell by looking into the front of the van that it has the alarm system on ? My 99' has a little red bulb flashing after armed.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Congrats on the new Ody. If you ever need help with anything, I'm in Copperfield (NW Houston - outside the Beltway).

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jim. I am glad you live in Houston too.
I 'll check on the flashing light this evening. Thanks for the info.
This club has so much info and the memebers are so friendly and decicated that I am not surprise to see a lot of us are addicted to it. However, this club also made my waiting more anxious than my previous wait on my 99' when I did not have SO much info.
Before this delivery, I have read all kind of problems some new owners posted, I printed all of them to save for the delivery day, even the color of green made me anxious too because I can sense that it is the least likable or talkabout color. On the other hand, if not for the club's info, I would not know what to look for during the inspection.
Now, the anxious is gone and I am trying to enjoy it and start thinking about some of the modifications recommended here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
To turn of the NAV after is was already on, touch the setup button on the screen at the bottom and then on the display line touch "OFF". We are hoping to get our silver EX-L NAVI in about 2 1/2 weeks, was supposed to be built in the next 3 days.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Kris for the tip on the nav, I'll try to find the 'off' display tonight. I can't recall there is such a 'off' button during my 100 miles drive yesterday. I'll see tonight when I get off from work.
I wonder if there is any difference or improvement on the nav between 02' and the earlier Ody ?
Thanks for all the problem posted by the new 02' owners, my expectation of my new van was not set very high before the delivery. It made me love the new van more when I found it does not have any of the posted problem. The refinement of the 02' compare to my 99' made driving the Ody even more enjoyable. The description of the 240HP, 5 sp tranny, more sound deadening, etc ... on the brochure just cannot say it all, you have to drive it and feel it in order to appreciate all the improvement. Thanks Honda for giving us such a practical driving machine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts