Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TOP 10 SIGNS THAT YOU'RE WAITING ON A NEW ODYSSEY

10. You find yourself identifying EVERY minivan you see on the road.
9. If you see an Ody in a parking lot, you try to park next to it.
8. You've read the Ody brochure from the dealer about a 1000 times.
7. You read the same stellar reviews from auto magazines at least once a day.
6. While driving your present vehicle, you sometimes imagine that you're already driving the new Ody.
5. You already have a half dozen accessories for the new arrival ready to go.
4. Every time the phone rings you jump up, thinking it might be the dealer, announcing the arrival of your Ody.
3. You've cleaned up your garage and swept it out, in anticipation of receiving your new Ody.
2. You sometimes drive by the dealer's lot, just in case you happen to catch the delivery of your new Ody in progress.
1. You visit Odyclub.com every chance you get.

Anyone have more to add?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I wouldn't know. Bought the one on the showroom floor, drove it home the next day.

I feel your pain though Riley these are great vans.

[This message has been edited by Canodyssey (edited 11-03-2001).]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it's a sweet kind of pain. An anticipation, like a kid waiting for Christmans morning. Fortunately, my wait is only 6 weeks, and I only have about a week left.

·
Registered
58 Posts
<font color=blue>Hey Riley33, are we talking about the same vehicle-- the grocery-getter, soccer-mom, weekends at Costco and Home Depot Odyssey? Heh heh...LOL!!

Don't get me wrong, I want one bad too, and I absolutely love Hondas, but after reading your list I'd think you had the fever for the S2000!! Now that's the kind of car that is worthy of your top 10 list.

How about some create a list for the Odyssey like, oh...TOP 10 WAYS MY KIDS ARE GOING TO DESTROY THE INTERIOR.
</font>

·
Registered
207 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hondaboy:
<font color=blue>I'd think you had the fever for the S2000!! Now that's the kind of car that is worthy of your top 10 list.
</font>
</font>
Pulled up right next to one yesterday; talk about sharp! Guy pulled away before I had a chance to ask him whether he had the RES model.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Riley33:

YES YES YES! That is perfect. I laughed my hind end off reading your top ten list. I absolutely know how you feel! I even started making Ody art!

As for additions to your already very complete list...

- When you're going out with friends, you always start the evening with, "If we had our Ody, we could all take one car."

- You notice if an Ody has amber turn signals or not.

- You wish that SOMEONE in the automotive press would review the 2002 Ody (actually drive it) just so that a professional would heap more praise on your vehicle, not because you actually need the information.

can't think of any more...

------------------
-Andrew Starks

·
Registered
185 Posts
How about Top 10 Ways I know I'm Old?

10 - I pay a mortgage
9 - I'm buying a minivan
8 - I'm buying a minivan
7 - I have kids
6 - I'm buying a minivan
5 - I'm buying a minivan
4 - I'm buying a minivan
3 - I know my cholesterol level
2 - I'm buying a minivan

and the #1 way I know I'm old <drumroll>

1 - I'm looking forward to the arrival of my minivan 'cause I know I'm going to really like it

[This message has been edited by Gettin'AVan (edited 11-06-2001).]

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yep, all those 10 items sound very familiar. Although I only had to wait 12 days, it did seem like an eternity. My wife was concerned about the amount of time I was spending looking at minivans. Minivans really only have that kind of appeal to a small segment of the population, generally those who are about to have a kid or have young kids. For those of us 'stepping up' from a car it is the sheer convenience of a minivan that is attractive, as well as all the gadgets that you don't see on a car. Every Ody I see, I check it out to see if it's an '02 or not...!

------------------
Richard
2002 Granite Green EX-L
Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats

·
Registered
32 Posts
Riley,

LOVED your list. It described me perfectly a short 2 months ago.

I hope you don't mind that I copied and e-mailed it to a friend who is in the middle of the agonizing Ody wait right now...

------------------
Erika
'02 SS Ody EXL-RES
'95 Honda Accord LX

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I never even thought about minivans until my family and I had a car reservation "upgraded" to a minivan in '99. After about 10 days of driving it around (I don't even remember what it was), we got used to the space. When we came back home, suddenly our Nissan Altima seemed awfully cramped. I decided right then, that whenever the time came to have another child, we would definitely look for a minivan. And so, now the baby is due FEB 10, and the ODY is due NOV 13. It doesn't make me feel old though. Graduating from the smaller cars my wife and I had while we were still single to a family-mobile is actually a proud moment for me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Homer:
Pulled up right next to one yesterday; talk about sharp! Guy pulled away before I had a chance to ask him whether he had the RES model.</font>
Homer- One doesn't need an RES in the S2000 because the S2000 <big>is the ES!! </big>

·
Registered
207 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hondaboy:
Homer- One doesn't need an RES in the S2000 because the S2000 <big>is the ES!! </big></font>
Yeah, the guy certainly looked entertained enough (S2000 with top down trumps SUV with sunroof open). Too bad he lives <big> here </big> where pretty soon it will be covered in his garage until spring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts