Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on a empty stretch of highway this morning and decided to see just how fast my 2019 touring Oddy would go.I got 111 MPH and that was it....foot buried to the floor....that was it.....anybody else 'test" top end speed ?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX
280 Posts
It is electronically limited, it is a minivan after all. The top speed depends on what website you go to or the model year they reviewed. The 2021 Honda Odyssey Minivan Is Faster Than a Lamborghini | MotorBiscuit

It starts to use lower gears the faster you go. On the 10speed at 80mph it drops to 9th. At 90, it drops to 8 and so on. If someone can figure out how to over ride the computer programming, it is a very fast car.

·
Administrator
14,520 Posts
The last thread on this topic did NOT go well. You might want to be ready for a discussion of pros and cons of being reckless on the roads.

·
Registered
10,130 Posts
It is electronically limited
Yeah, probably to protect the tires. A blowout at top speed would not be pleasant...

Reactions: tritan

·
Registered
2004 EX-RES
1,082 Posts
I know the 2004 will hit 120 mph.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Without disclosing any numbers I can attest it will go well past 111, will 4 passengers and roofbox too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have heard of a 2016 going at 117 mph, with 7 passengers and cargo.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
473 Posts
from; How a Honda Odyssey Became the Cannonball's Fastest Minivan

I believe a 4th gen.

"And we never exceeded 119 miles per hour—partly because that’s where the van bumped up against its limiter, but mostly because the gas mileage above 105 or so was horrendous. But believe it or not, the van hummed along at high double- and low triple-digit speeds for hours with nary a shudder. Once in a while an aroma something like burning oil wafted through the cabin, but nothing was on fire and all the gauges looked normal, so our skipper—the guy who owned the van—ignored it. "

Communication Device Automotive lighting Gadget Electricity Window

1 - 9 of 9 Posts