Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time has come. All the well-known tranny symptoms are evident. The old four-speed has gotten it's affairs in order, made a video sign-off and is ready to depart this life.

I have one recommendation of the Transmission Depot in Pickering and have spoken with them a couple of times and have asked for four or five references in order to cement their reputation but my contact there has been "unable" to find any names and phone numbers to give me despite saying that his shop has done "50 or 60" of these 99 - 02 trannies.

Needless to say, this is not filling me with confidence.

For all the well-worn reasons, I will not allow Honda to do it - if at all possible.

Can anyone give me a rock-solid tranny shop in the 416 or 905 area that does it for a defensible price and ideally can make a few sensible hotrod modifications that will improve the longevity of this POS design? Ideally, their work should have passed the test of time (at least 80,000 trouble-free miles?)

Your input is most welcome.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
No repitable shop is not going to give you names and numbers of customers without at the very least getting their written permission. I sure wouldn't do business with them if they did.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GTA tranny shops

You're completely right. But I am sure that they would be able to contact a few previous customers and get their permission.

Certainly if I was a previous customer of theirs, I would have no problem taking a call or two from people in the same boat and trying to help them out in getting their tranny issues fixed properly. Certainly, it is a segment of the auto service world that is full of a great many poor and/or dishonest rebuilders.

Once permission has been obtained, there should be no problem in supplying at least a few such customers - assuming the shop is being truthful.

·
Registered
482 Posts
my mechanic uses Gary McWhirter of Mister Transmission on O'Connor drive in TO

There is also a Halton Transmission in Oakville. They are local (to me) and seem to know their stuff.

I have no experience with either but wouldn't hurt to call them and see if what they tell you matches what the Pickering shop told you.

Another option, if you have more time, might be to go down to Buffalo and get a Gator rebuild put in. I'd check that out too.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Don't know how much weight you put in checking out the Better Business Bureau on any potential transmission shop?

·
Registered
14 Posts
transmission refference

Multi Nation Transmission
Ask for kumari 416-913-2552. he has done a lot of these transmissions & he offered 3 YEAR WARRANTY! THE LAST TIME WE SPOKE. COMPLETE REBUILD! THE QUOTE WAS very reasonable.
Located in Marham. Good luck

·
Registered
71 Posts
Lazylibra I tried to send you a pm, not sure if it went through? I just wanted to know if anyone had their tranny rebuilt at a Toronto (416/905) area shop and has been happy with it.

Thanks alot,

Ravi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts