Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you with the Helm's manual - can you provide me with the torque spec for the alloy wheels on an EX and the steel wheels on the LX.

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Ya beat me to it.

Yes, I found 80 ft/lbs for all years, all wheels. If anyone found something different, let us know.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys - I appreciate it.

Next time I'll remember to say it's a Y2K EX.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Just got my wheel lock today. What's the tolernace for 80 ft-lb +/- ??. Since I don't have torque wrench. have to figure out how to torque it myself? Does anyone know where I can get a cheap torque wrench for wheel?
Thanks!

[This message has been edited by bjk2001 (edited 07-11-2001).]

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I bought a cheap one ($20) from the local auto accessory store just to do my wheels.

Assuming a cheap wrench is accurate to within 5% or so, it's probably good enough.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I run snows in the winter on our EX and have rented a torque wrench from the local rental center. It cost six bucks for 1/2 day. Good ones cost well over $100 and since I can't convince my DW that it's a good tool to have around, the rental charge is well spent.

I've had a hard time finding one lcoally at a reasonable price. I found that e-bay has quite a few with prices rangeing from $10 and up http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=G etResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=torque+wrench

and the tire rack has one as well
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/accessories/tools.html

I might spend the $30 for the tire rack one. I've had good luck with them on 2 purchases.

[This message has been edited by robr2 (edited 07-11-2001).]

·
Registered
568 Posts
robr2, chuck:

Thanks for your info.

bjk.

------------------
'01 GG EX
Mud Guard
Wheel Lock
Cargo Tray