Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ended up going with 11 foot pounds/135 inch pounds. I saw some posts that said 16 foot pounds. But as I increased the torque, I felt 11 foot pounds was the most I should put on that 10 mm bolt. Anyone out there know the real answer? I just took it for a drive and checked it for leaks. It’s dry!

If someone knows any different, please let me know and I will re-torque them again later. I was just afraid to strip out the bolts!
Light Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Auto part Nut
Hand Automotive lighting Automotive tire Finger Motor vehicle
Finger Thumb Golf equipment Bumper Nickel
Finger Thumb Golf equipment Bumper Nickel
Light Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Auto part Nut
Hand Automotive lighting Automotive tire Finger Motor vehicle

·
Registered
769 Posts
I THINK there were SOME debate as to what it should be as I DO believe manual calls for 16ft/lb, BUT it seem excessive according to people who have done this work..

According to service manual:

EDIT: Of course, unless this is NOT the part that you are talking about, sorry to mislead you. (the part and gasket look a BIT different)
EDIT2: Now, looking at it again, it does NOT look like the part that you are speaking of. Sorry. Please ignore.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I ended up going with 11 foot pounds/135 inch pounds. I saw some posts that said 16 foot pounds. But as I increased the torque, I felt 11 foot pounds was the most I should put on that 10 mm bolt. Anyone out there know the real answer? I just took it for a drive and checked it for leaks. It’s dry!

If someone knows any different, please let me know and I will retract them later. I was just afraid to strip out the bolts!
I THINK the issue here is that there is no torque spec specified in the manual for THIS part (Ignore what I put there above as I do believe that is totally different part) because the spool valve gasket is NOT supposed to be replaceable, but instead whole valve is supposed to be replaced I BELIEVE.
(I may be talking totally out of my butt as usual).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I THINK there were SOME debate as to what it should be as I DO believe manual calls for 16ft/lb, BUT it seem excessive according to people who have done this work..

According to service manual:
View attachment 161627

EDIT: Of course, unless this is NOT the part that you are talking about, sorry to mislead you. (the part and gasket look a BIT different)
EDIT2: Now, looking at it again, it does NOT look like the part that you are speaking of. Sorry. Please ignore.
Hey thanks for the information. The diagram does not look like the same part for the 2006 Odyssey. But it is good information!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I THINK the issue here is that there is no torque spec specified in the manual for THIS part (Ignore what I put there above as I do believe that is totally different part) because the spool valve gasket is NOT supposed to be replaceable, but instead whole valve is supposed to be replaced I BELIEVE.
(I may be talking totally out of my butt as usual).
i did replace the entire VVT (spool valve) assembly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts