Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still trying to identify the best parts for the job, but here's what I've got so far. The 2nd and 3rd Row overhead lights are giving me a pain. The LEDs I put in are just a TAD too tall, so the push to turn on/off lens just BARELY interferes with the LED. It works, but I don't like the fact that it touches when turning on. I'm trying to find alternative bulbs, but staying in the right brightness/color temp is really hard to do.

Driver/Passenger before/after

2nd/Third Row before/after

Night Shot of all interor

Door LED

Thinking about putting some kits together, what do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
I"d be interested. Actually, I was planning on working on the dome lighting myself this weekend.

Yours look good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i started with the HIDs (8,000K) and the license plate lights but cant find the interior bulds in led, i would def buy that kit........looks good

·
Registered
1 Posts
LED Specs?

Proud new owner of 2011 EXL w/RES. Would love to replace all interior lighting with LED.

Owner's manual (attached screen grab) doesn't help much.

Sylvania.com's otherwise thorough "replacement guide" doesn't go up to 2011 yet.

Where to find the complete list in the mean time?

Will author of this post (Touring Elite) ahem... shed some light on the topic? What bulbs did you use?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
739 Posts
LEDs also fade. At least they do on my MDX. Those pics look like the MDX interior lights. Nice!

·
Registered
21 Posts
does anyone know the bulb type for the license plate light as well as all the interior lights type ?

I just want to know what type of led bulb i need to buy

thanks,

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Would it be possible to get a member with a 2011 Ody to measure the actual light housings? It appears that the 2011 model uses the same quantity of bulbs that the previous generation used. If the map/dome light housings are the same our Odyssey LED kit for the previous generation will work on the 2011.

Steve

·
Registered
80 Posts
I haven't gotten a chance to figure out which bulbs goes to what...if the OP feels he would share with everyone, I'm sure everyone would appreciate it.

As soon as I get the correct bulb sizes, I will share.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
If you're willing to take some time to figure it out I would be more than happy to give you a call to discuss and explain. Just send me a PM if you're interested.

Steve

·
Registered
170 Posts
bulbs in mine look to be the standard Honda type of bulb.

translates to a DE3175 bulb. Something like this:

Make sure your replacements are about 37mm in overall length, otherwise they will be too short.

these are refered to as festoon based bulbs.

·
Registered
144 Posts
LEDs also fade. At least they do on my MDX. Those pics look like the MDX interior lights. Nice!
not all LEDs fade. i've run into bulbs that flicker then out when the car tried to fade. others just turned off. i know there are fading LEDs out there, but many of the aftermarket suppliers cheaped out, tho i'm sure it's more reasonable nowadays.

perhaps xenondepot can inform us if his kit can fade.

·
Registered
21 Posts
so if the bulbs are standard honda bulbs will the Xeondepot kit fit ? which I'm assuming they are 37 mm in length as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I too would love to replace our bulbs in the van. Please post the bulb specs/part numbers for us if you have them.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
You can go with these DE3175 LED bulbs. However, in our Odyssey LED kit we use actual panels which will be much brighter. If someone can get me the inner dimensions of the housings I can advise whether the kit will fit. In exchange, I would be more than happy to offer a discounted price.

Steve

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can go with these DE3175 LED bulbs. However, in our Odyssey LED kit we use actual panels which will be much brighter. If someone can get me the inner dimensions of the housings I can advise whether the kit will fit. In exchange, I would be more than happy to offer a discounted price.

Steve

You offer a discount to members, if so how do I obtain it. HID conversion is what I'd like to get for a 2010 Ody, (4300K unit), thanks.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts