Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Years.

Owner of a 2012 EX-L w/ Navi that I just picked up today. I was wondering if anyone had experience or advice regarding some of the TE retrofits for the lower trim Odysseys?

Would it be possible to purchase the following from Bernardis (or does anyone know a better source?) and install them on my EX-L?

- HID Headlights
- Parking Sensor (Front and Back)
- Blindspot Information System
- Foglights

It seems the Backup Sensor is a standard enough upgrade but the Touring ones are Front and Back?

Some of these I am sure are more practical than others but thought to ask and see what is possible.

Also, by chance is anyone here from the SoCal area that would know someone who could install such parts cleanly?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Go to the "college hills Honda" website and then get to the 2011/2012 Odyssey accessories page. They have "how to" videos for many of the items you are asking about. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go to the "college hills Honda" website and then get to the 2011/2012 Odyssey accessories page. They have "how to" videos for many of the items you are asking about. Hope this helps!
Thanks Stevie it does. I'd like to try some of the stuff here like Foglights, and the interior illuminations.

The backup sensor tutorial is nice - however I am wondering why they don't carry the "parking sensor" which is front and back?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only for the front? The car is really set to handle the rear ones right? Or is it two entirely different systems? The parking sensor and backup sensor?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I believe you are cutting (actually drilling) the bumper for both the front and back sensors. Not a huge deal - for those with a steady hand and a good template.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Parking and backup sensors are the same systems just a different name. I call them backup sensors sometimes when they are only on the rear bumper and not the front

·
Registered
112 Posts
There's no way I'd want to cut/drill 4-6 small holes into a brand new bumper. IMO that's one accessory worth paying for to have the dealer install it

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Jason,

Do you work at a dealership by chance?

1 - The Odyssey 2012 EX-L was already prewired for sensors in the front?

2 - The backup sensor is different from the parking sensor other than the front and back difference right? From my understanding, the backup sensor just beeps as you are getting close to something. While the parking sensor system has a graphic that shows up on the navi screen? If this is the case, would the software loaded on the EX-L even detect if you have the Touring or Touring Elite parking system installed and work correctly?

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There's no way I'd want to cut/drill 4-6 small holes into a brand new bumper. IMO that's one accessory worth paying for to have the dealer install it
Backup Sensor they would do because it's a standard addon. Doesn't seem like they'd want to put a part from a different trim though. :( Still trying to figure out if it would even work, would love to do it as a DIY project.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
2 - The backup sensor is different from the parking sensor other than the front and back difference right? From my understanding, the backup sensor just beeps as you are getting close to something. While the parking sensor system has a graphic that shows up on the navi screen? If this is the case, would the software loaded on the EX-L even detect if you have the Touring or Touring Elite parking system installed and work correctly?
Not really an answer here, sorry :(, but the Canadian EX-L comes with the parking sensor system and it displays it on the instrument panel in a similar way to the door/tailgate open indicator. That is because the EX-L does not come with the Multi-Information-Display (MiD) as your attached thumbnail. See page 77 of your OM to see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not really an answer here, sorry :(, but the Canadian EX-L comes with the parking sensor system and it displays it on the instrument panel in a similar way to the door/tailgate open indicator. That is because the EX-L does not come with the Multi-Information-Display (MiD) as your attached thumbnail. See page 77 of your OM to see what I'm talking about.
Interesting.. I guess you have a Canadian EX-L w/ RES that has the Parking Sensor System? It's useful to know because that tells us that a trim other than Touring potentially has the wiring in place for something like this. One of the showstoppers on my project to bring the Parking Sensor to a EX-L is if the prewiring did not already exist.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I guess you have a Canadian EX-L w/ RES that has the Parking Sensor System? It's useful to know because that tells us that a trim other than Touring potentially has the wiring in place for something like this. One of the showstoppers on my project to bring the Parking Sensor to a EX-L is if the prewiring did not already exist.
I wouldn't mind the extra feature, but no, I don't, I have a US spec model :(. I learned about it from an earlier thread here in the forum.

I know, it is confusing, they make it a pain

1 - 14 of 14 Posts