Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on taking the plunge fairly soon on a SS EX-L. Was thinking about buying the towing package (hitch, wiring, and coolers) from H and A and doing myself. For comparision does anyone know what dealer cost for the towing package is?

Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was told $1,800 by one local dealer, $1,650 by another. I was told I paid "$800" for mine but they wrote 1,150 on the invoice.
Go figure. That is the main reason for my frustration and the reason I could not order my car from a reputable dealer (they had no clue how to install the package and I did not want to install it later). I (regretably) ended up dealing locally.

------------------
1996 Odyssey 120,000 miles
2002EX Odyssey w/towing package
http://www.homestead.com/weaverhouse/index.html

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am preparing to order our EX-L RES and just today asked one dealer (VA) about the cost of this option and he said $1,299. I assume that included iinstallation and everything... I will add mine later if we need it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Please see the section for Group Purchases as we are trying to get a volume discount on Tow Packages. Not sure how this will work, but additional buyers are needed.

------------------
Ben
2001 LX, GG, mud guards, cargo tray, keyless remote, CD player, Blaupunkt speakers

·
Registered
91 Posts
After beating my local dealer down a bit with H&A's price list they installed the tow package (hitch, atf cooler, & ps cooler) on my '02 for $640. Parts were $475 and labor came to $165.

------------------
  • ’90 4Runner – lacking for a family of 5
  • ’02 GG Odyssey EX-L-RES – my new best friend
TNUCKELS

·
Registered
197 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tnuckels:
After beating my local dealer down a bit with H&A's price list they installed the tow package (hitch, atf cooler, & ps cooler) on my '02 for $640. Parts were $475 and labor came to $165.

</font>
WOW. God job. My dealer said $895, mush less than some of the others mentioned here. $165? Looks like it only took 2.5 hours based on a 65/hr bench cost.

Those sales people are likely jacking up the price, creating a great big margin, and getting some % cut of the difference between the "true" bench cost and the customer cost. A standard consulting practice.

What a money maker. They're already getting MSRP. Aren't they getting enough?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
We bought our 2002 EX a week ago and were quoted $850 installed for the complete tow package. This seemed 'fair' for factory parts/dealership installation. Unfortunately our dealership is 143 miles from our home in Tucson. Local dealerships wanted $3995 OVER msrp for any Ody in stock (Phoenix/Scottsdale)! Imagine what the 'market adjustment' would be for a trailer package?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Geez,

Ever consider buying another and selling it locally for 3 grand over invioce with immediate delivery available for the goofs willing to pay now for instant gratification.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
HaHa, well having worked in Scottsdale anything $$$$ 'could' be possible. The market is designed for pure convenience. I guarantee we could 'turn' our van for $$$ over MSRP/what we paid. The same Scottsdale dealership had a year old LX for more than 2002 retail! On principle alone I will not buy anything from these local dealers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts