Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Does anyone have any advice on setting up my 95 to tow? I know I will need a trans cooler, hitch , wiring harness, possibly stiffen up the suspension. Any suggestions on brands, types of equipment. I would like to tow a small, light weight pop-up. I'm new to the forum so forgive me if this is a worn out topic.

Don

·
Registered
249 Posts
All Ody's already have a ATF cooler. You will notice that there are two lines from the tranny that run through the lower radiator endtank.

Get the harness off Ebay and the factory connection is by the rear left tail light.

Sure, throw some bags on there to help with the weight. I like mine.

·
Registered
221 Posts
the stock cooler isn't really all that good for towing. Our vans are only rated to tow 1k lbs max due to the transmission mainly. I'd get a cooler and a temp sensor installed (bigger cooler) if you plan on going more than a couple hundred miles a year. Heat kills transmissions.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well if you are going to go there you really shouldn't tow anything with our vans.

Power is horrid esp on hills even when towing a load of dirt that is several hundred pounds with another passenger. If you have ever driven your van with full person capacity then add on another 200 lbs your will know this. There shouldn't be more than 100 lbs of tongue weight so that should put it in perspective.

If you actually are going to put in a AA cooler it still wouldn't help much. I have done a few 1000lbs loads plus passenger along with my loads only and can tell you the tranny works well. I will elaborate on the previous post. Our vans are not meant for towing.....they came with a Base non-Vtec Accord motor and tranny.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Couldnt help but notice you are from Bremerton. If you need any assistance with your van I am located in Renton.

-Tony

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all for the great info. . Tony I may take you up, on the help. I would like to get my A/C running, and may need help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts