Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay - no responses yet to the question on Lug Nuts so I guess a trip to the dealer may be in order.

That question was --- have 2007 Touring and now obtaining OEM 16 inch 9 spoke wheels from 2008 EX-L and want to know if the PAX lug nuts will fit the 2008 wheels when I get ready to mount them???

Next --- where might be the best, most economical, place to purchase the new TPMS I will need for each wheel as I mount the new tires on the 2008 wheels???

Or - can I remove the TPMS from present PAX wheels, change batteries, and then re-install them in the 2008 Wheels???

Thank you

God Bless

Bill

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmmmmm - still no responses, however I have discovered the following:

1 - According to College Hill Honda website - the PAX lug nuts on my 2007 Touring will properly fit the OEM wheels from a 2008 EX-L that I am obtaining.

2 - I also found that the TPMS system manufactured for the 2007 was supposed to last for 10 years (before battery failure is expected).

3 - The TPMS units may be transferred from the PAX wheels I presently have over to the 9 spoke 2008 EX-L wheels, however it is recommended that a "double sided" tape be used as they may not sit down upon the wheel when installed.

4 - When transferring the TPMS it is recommended that new "mounting" hardware be purchased to make sure proper mounting and sealing (believe there are 3 items in each package) plus need to make sure there is no corrosion.

Next - have to figure out if the double sided tape is special (commercial type, or consumer quality).

God Bless

Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts