Honda Odyssey Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts
Dealer Issue

This appears to be a clear example of poor dealer prep. We experienced this problem after delivery and it seems the other posters had this problem after initial delivery.

My dealer indicated the TPMS sensors are "hibernated" during transport and must be activated for delivery. The activation portion is confirmed in the PDI document posted elsewhere on this site. Unfortunately, seems many dealers are cutting corners here and not confirming the sensors have, in fact, been activated. Appears part of the problem is it takes about 20 mins of driving for the sensors to report a lack of communication.

This same issue occured with my mother's new CRV, so it's a widespread Honda issue (different model, different dealer) but easily resolved, assuming they take the time to do it.

Required two trips to the dealer and a total of 175 miles of driving to resolve (two round trips plus 30 miles of dealer driving) to resolve, but it's successfully resolved.

Update: I had my car back to the dealer to reset the TPMS. AGAIN, the warning light came back on (2nd time) just miles from the dealer. This time I reset it myself per the instruction on the 1st page of this thread. So far the issue has not returned. I suspect that the dealer was either were not resetting properly OR were over filling the tires. Upon return from the dealer I noticed they put about 40 psi into the tires. When I performed the reset I used 36 psi (per the label on the door jam).

No issues with mine, but a lot of good info so far.

TPMS Light

Just bought a brand new 2011 Odyssey EX. Light came on after about a 1hr drive. Took it right back. They said they tested all the "electronics." And it went off. Told "it just happens sometimes.", but it's OK to drive. Came on again the next day, went back and they again reset the computer. Were going to call their Tech support. Also told me that the VSA system does not work when this is on (great). Will see if they did the proper PDI testing. That was helpful. Puts a damper on the excitment of getting a new vehicle, especially when they cost so much.

Just want to confirm what others have said that this is fact a pre-delivery item. Mine had the same problem. My vehicle came in from a different dealership than will be handling all the service. My service delearship (Jay Honda in Northeast Ohio) did a nice job selling me accessories at 20% off as well.

On a related note for Canadian customers; I just picked my van up after having a Honda trailer hitch installed. While at the dealership I asked the service manager about buying a winter set for my 2011 Odyssey and how much it will cost to switch the computer for a second set of TPMS sensors. He said that the Odyssey is the only vehicle to date in Honda's line up that has an "A" and "B" set memory function. It started with the last generation and continues in this one. He says the first time you put on a winter set, they have to register the winter (B) set in the computer and after that when you put them on, the car will recognize them and work automatically.

The only problem is that when a customer takes off his summer set and puts them in the trunk for the ride home, the system gets confused ( 2 different sets in the same car) until you get home and take the summer set out of the back.

I told the manager that I have read on these forums that you need to reprogramme each season. He says that things may be different on the US models, but, in Canada we don`t have to take this extra step. When asked if he was sure, he said = 110% sure!

Tpms

Are you guys referring to the actual "TPMS" light or the light that looks like the cross section of a tire with an exclamation point in it?

I got the "TPMS" light while driving our brand new Ody home last night!

Thanks!

it should be strictly the TPMS light.

the low tire warning light will come on only if the sensors have been activated properly.

You'd think after 4 years of new vehicles having TPMS, that the PDI techs would get this right by now on every vehicle.
:rollingeyes:

I just got my 2011 Ody as well, and within a couple of hours my TPMS light came on too.
I do have BT turned on my phone so I can answer/make calls. Kind of a pisser if BT causes this issue. I hope this gets fixed by honda. I'll be bringing it in to get "reset" but that's not even a solution, it'll be a temporary 2 hrs fix.

I just got my 2011 Ody as well, and within a couple of hours my TPMS light came on too.
I do have BT turned on my phone so I can answer/make calls. Kind of a pisser if BT causes this issue. I hope this gets fixed by honda. I'll be bringing it in to get "reset" but that's not even a solution, it'll be a temporary 2 hrs fix.
I have the same problem, but i hardly believe the bluetooth causes this, after all my touring is equipped with bluetooth hands free link and bt audio... There is something wrong with the tpms system.

TPMS sensor error

2011 Touring (Cdn. edition) put on winter tires and rims with after market TPMS sensors, Honda service is unable to turn off TPMS alarm (same noise as door alarm) even after finding the codes using the sensor. Try driving around with that all day - ready to sell this lemon at a loss just to be rid of Honda's indifference and gouging prices for sensors and other items.

Anyways - before i really begin to lose it - can anyone tell me how to turn off the TPMS alarm (i don't care about the light, its the noise i can't stand).

PS had to go after market with tires b/c Honda couldn't sell me a 18" rim for winter tires. Useless, Useless, useless. did i mention i'm sadly disappointed in Honda? never buying honda again.

TPMS Error Brand New 2012 Odyssey EX-L

I bought a 2012 EX-L Odyssey and went to pick it up yesterday May 3, 2012 we got 15 miles down the road and notice the TPMS light was on. Went back to the dealer and they checked the tire pressure it was high on all tires and so they set all four tires at 35 and said the light should turn itself off after a half mile we went 2.5 miles and returned. It was after hours so we had to leave our brand new van at the dealer and they are going to check into it today. They did set up our bluetooth phone for us just before we left. We live 2 hours from any dealer so it was extremely inconvenient to have this kind of problem on a brand new van. They gave us a loaner but I am very disappointed. Our dealership is in Wisconsin. We wait to hear today what they find.

The dealer "fixed" the van and generously had someone drive it from Rhinelander, WI to Hancock, MI for us. Unfortunately when it arrived the TPMS light was on again. The driver did not know when it came on he did not notice that it was on. Our brand new van is on its way back to Rhinelander to be fixed hopefully for real this time.

I bought a 2012 EX-L Odyssey and went to pick it up yesterday May 3, 2012 we got 15 miles down the road and notice the TPMS light was on. Went back to the dealer and they checked the tire pressure it was high on all tires and so they set all four tires at 35 and said the light should turn itself off after a half mile we went 2.5 miles and returned. It was after hours so we had to leave our brand new van at the dealer and they are going to check into it today. They did set up our bluetooth phone for us just before we left. We live 2 hours from any dealer so it was extremely inconvenient to have this kind of problem on a brand new van. They gave us a loaner but I am very disappointed. Our dealership is in Wisconsin.

Today May the 4th, 2012, the dealer "fixed" the van and generously had someone drive it from Rhinelander, WI to Hancock, MI for us. Unfortunately when it arrived the TPMS light was on again. The driver did not know when it came on he did not notice that it was on. Our brand new van is on its way back to Rhinelander to be fixed, hopefully, for real this time. Grrr!

It's fixed. I spoke with the technician and he said that the two front tires were not registered. Now they are and no more TPMS! Dealer drover the van up to us and took the loaner van home. Wonderful Dealer Rhinelander Honda! Thanks!

I bought a 2012 EX-L Odyssey and went to pick it up yesterday May 3, 2012 we got 15 miles down the road and notice the TPMS light was on. Went back to the dealer and they checked the tire pressure it was high on all tires and so they set all four tires at 35 and said the light should turn itself off after a half mile we went 2.5 miles and returned. It was after hours so we had to leave our brand new van at the dealer and they are going to check into it today. They did set up our bluetooth phone for us just before we left. We live 2 hours from any dealer so it was extremely inconvenient to have this kind of problem on a brand new van. They gave us a loaner but I am very disappointed. Our dealership is in Wisconsin.

Today May the 4th, 2012, the dealer "fixed" the van and generously had someone drive it from Rhinelander, WI to Hancock, MI for us. Unfortunately when it arrived the TPMS light was on again. The driver did not know when it came on he did not notice that it was on. Our brand new van is on its way back to Rhinelander to be fixed, hopefully, for real this time. Grrr!
UPDATE: It's fixed. I spoke with the technician and he said that the two front tires were not registered. Now they are and no more TPMS! Dealer drover the van up to us and took the loaner van home. Wonderful Dealer Rhinelander Honda! Thanks!

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.