Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone of you installed TPMS for a 2005 Honda Odyssey EX? We know that Honda did not install TPMS for the 2005 EX but just thinking if we can add TPMS because there is a market that do so. Please share your experiences. Thank you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would really like to add TPMS for my 2005 Odyssey EX, but how is it possible even though Honda factory did not install TPMS back in 2005 for the Odyssey EX. Any suggestions on how to install TPMS on a 2005 Odyssey EX?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Not sure how you can add the "system" to a 2005 EX or EXL, there is no receiver in the vehicle and I think the wheels are not designed to have the sensors installed. The hole in the rims needs to be different to hold the sensors in place. I guess you can purchase Gen 3 rims that was designed for the sensors (2007+)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a market that says it can be done because the conversion of the PAX system from the 2005 Touring use wheels like of the 2005 EX. The only difference is the receiver - 2005 Touring has its built-in receiver. I saw several TPMS receivers that can be inserted to the 12V power inlet of the Odyssey but I am not sure if it would work together with the TPMS sensors that were claimed to work with the EX according to one seller website.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Reviving this thread since its similar to a concern I have.

I bought a 2005 EX-L a few months ago and decided to replace the wheels on them with a set of American Racing wheels. The wheels are guaranteed to fit and are TPMS compatible. So my question boils down to the TPMS; does the EX-L version have this system? I saw a post on this thread that says EX and EX-L did not have them installed from the factory. I also looked closely at my dash and don't see any TMPS light. If anyone can confirm this for me it would be great!

I went to my local pepboys here in Chicago to get a quote to get the wheels installed and they want me to pay $100 bucks to reuse/rebuild my current TPMS sensors although they weren't even sure if I had them. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got my confirmation on another thread. The 2005 EX-L doesn't have TPMS sensors and I should be fine with any wheel I slap on it. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts