Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 touring model with the PAX system. I recently picked up a set of steel Honda wheels to replace these. My local honda repair place (not a dealer) claims that the TPMS from the factory touring wheels won't work on the new steel wheels. I've searched around and found some info, but can't get a definitive answer. From what i've read, the EX TPMS won't work with the touring because the sensor itself differs in the way it communicates to the car's computer. However, i can't find any clear answer whether or not the touring TPMS will physically fit/seal on a steel honda wheel.

TIA

·
Registered
632 Posts
Search function is your friend. There have been numerous posts about TPMS sensor in the past inorder not to beat on a dead horse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading is your friend. Like i said in the original post, i couldn't find a clear answer. Unless you know the answer or know of a post that explicitly address the issue, go back under your bridge.

·
Registered
632 Posts
And the OP still got no answer...hmmm. He must have used the search function now :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
And the OP still got no answer...hmmm. He must have used the search function now :)
wow, way to be cool and help a guy out cebu!

OP, I'd imagine you figured it out, but the answer is yes, the tpms from the 2007 touring pax wheels will fit onto the steel wheels. I purchased a set of steel wheels from a 2007 LX and my tmps mounted onto the steel wheels without issue.

Glad to see this forum is all about helping people and not being trolls! :rollingeyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts