Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched the internet and service manuals for this problem. All the tires are up to the correct pressure and there is no reset button on the left side of the dash as noted on some websites. There is no touch display or controls on the steering wheel that say menu. How do I reset the TPMS light? This is not the light that shows the tire light with the exclamation mark on it.

Bill Truscott
Bettendorf, Iowa

·
Registered
451 Posts
I don't think you can. Based on the age of your van, you probably have a sensor with a dead battery and it isn't communicating.

Sent from my Samsung S8+ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 2008 EXL and I was under the impression that there is no reset; that it must be reset with some special probe to reset the modules with the monitoring system.

Maybe not this specific one, but something like this:
Autel TS508 TPMS Relearn Tool Tire Pressure Monitor - MaxiTPMS TS508 TPMS Reset Tool Program 16 MX-Sensor Tire Sensor DTCs Key Fob Testing read/check/active for all 315/433MHz (Upgraded TS401/408/501) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B089Q4Z...abc_14R7JDABCK76RDZ0DEDA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Usually tire shops will have that relearn tool. From what I understand, they just wave it over each tire to set it into relearn mode, and the Monitoring system will try to reconnect with the sensor modules.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey Touring
606 Posts
Have the TPMS sensors ever been replaced?

If not they are around 12 years old, and as @PostalTech mentioned, the batteries in them are probably going bad. If it's the problem, you need to have all four of the TPMS sensors replaced as there is no way to only replace the batteries.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
I concur. The light is indicating a bad sensor. You should replace all 4. Batteries tend to only last about 8 years.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
4,519 Posts
2006 with no TPMS wins again :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
2006 with no TPMS wins again :)
There is good and there is bad. Love the simplicity of a car without it.

But then when I upgraded to a 2010, one night I was driving out and the TPMS lit up. Went around to check and indeed was a tire was leaking from a nail. Without it notify me I would have gone up to the highway on a 60 miles trip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts