Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just depaxed my wife touring. Discount tire direct installed their brand tpms on the rims. I am not getting the light but not getting the psi readings.

I tried the less than 15mph for a few minutes and shut car off and back on but no luck.

I then drove above 15 for a few minutes but no luck either.

Any suggestions?? Thankful at least I do not have a light shining at me.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I think they might have use the TPMS for the EX-L model...I seriously doubt that they would carry TPMS for the Touring, just like Tire Rack don't mention depax or else honda/michelin will get them!

Unless they service/sell PAX tire system there is no reason for Discount Tire Direct to carry the Touring TPMS...Unless they specify these TPMS are for Touring Models ONLY!

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
tC_demon said:
I think they might have use the TPMS for the EX-L model...I seriously doubt that they would carry TPMS for the Touring, just like Tire Rack don't mention depax or else honda/michelin will get them!

Unless they service/sell PAX tire system there is no reason for Discount Tire Direct to carry the Touring TPMS...Unless they specify these TPMS are for Touring Models ONLY!
That's what I am wondering. I thought others used the EX-L TPMS sensors and non-pax rims? :confused:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discounttiresdirect know how to use the right tpms for the right vehicle for sure. Faulty after market tpms is to blame here.
After market TPMS for the Odyssey Touring has high rate of failure. Vendor sent us 20 of them for sample, tested all 20 and 8 of them fails. We returned the sample and say no thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took the vehicle to dealer and spent $93 and after 3 tries they could not get it to work.

I am ordering a set of the touring tpms from miketr75 and will see how that works out.

I think in the end I will be about even if all works out but then I can go 40k mile plus on the the michelin lx4 vs the run flats around 25k miles and the satisfaction I am in control not honda/michelins.

This will be the last honda I buy. Wife wants an SUV next and she likes a big one with 2 kids

·
Registered
469 Posts
Mike so which type of TPMS you use for your sales? OEM or Generic?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Received the honda sensors today from Miketr75. Great service, ordered on Sunday and arrived thursday from CA to FL.

Went to discount tire and they installed the sensors. I drove out of there, got to around 45 and orange light of death came off. All four tires are registering pressure reading.

Discount tires charge me only $5 a tire due to the rim and the way the sensors were mounted. They only had to push one side of the tire wall down to swap sensors rather then take whole tire off.

Thanks Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am having the exact same problems with my wife's 2007 Touring. Replaced the Pax wheels and tires. They said that they used OEM TPMS sensors, but am still getting the orange light. When they scan the sensors with their computer, they see them right away. They just can't send the sensors to the Ody computer. It comes back with an error every time they try. They told me to take it to a dealership, which I did, but they were not able to get it to work and recommended going back to the PAX.

Does that sound like what was happening to you?

Did Discount Tire refund what you paid for the sensors that never worked for you?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Its simple guys. Wrong sensors (EX-L) won't work. The shop tests them and they work but the Touring needs different sensors. BOTH are OEM but different part numbers. Get the correct sensors and you'd be all set.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ordered the rims/tires online. They tpms from discount tire were $27/ piece so I just wrote off the amount.

You need to order the sensors from Mike and do what I did. I do not know if the dealer saw the sensors or not b/c I did not ask. They just said they could not get it to work. I got the orange light at startup and then the "i" would light up and tpms error would go away.

I posted my trial and error so that people would learn from my mistakes and not waste the money at the dealer with aftermarket sensors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mike, What would the cost be on new sensors for an 08 Touring? Thanks bro!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts