Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2008 Odyssey - to my knowledge no sensors have been replaced prior and prolly all four are approaching the end of their battery life.

A few months back my TPMS lit, a scan showed my left rear wheel sensor was going out,
Intermittently it would go on and off during the cold snaps and eventually it stayed lit.
I ordered two Honda sensors from Bernadi and had them fitted (to rears), and re-programmed, my mechanic buddy was very surprised at how quick his snap on computer registered each wheel, he spent some twenty minutes the week before with a customer who purchased generic sensors and had a lot of trouble getting them to be accepted, a nod to Honda!

Problem - My TPMS light came on three engine start cycles later. I went back and he re-programmed again and noted that all four sensors were showing as fine, pressures correct etc. Same again three cycles later the TPMS light in the cluster came on and stayed lit, so I went back again and his tool showed all four sensors were fine?

Third return - This time it is showing a fault registered at right rear and left front, however both rears were replaced and I have never had any problems with the front although like I said at the beginning the front might be close or at the end of their battery life.

His conclusion is that there is maybe an intermittent fault with the main computer, possibly the new sensors.

Anyone have any thoughts or prior experience?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
My thought is the replace the two front TPMS sensors. They are way beyond “normal “ battery life. I realize this doesn’t explain why your new rear sensor is indicating bad.

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
107 Posts
I recently test drove 4 cars before purchasing mine (3 Odysseys and 1 Pilot). They ALL had the TPMS light on! So, I think it makes sense if they're all close to, if not at, the end of their life.

I don't think I'm going to bother replacing mine. Maybe the next time I change tires, depends on how many are dead then. I'm accustomed to checking tire pressure with a hand gauge anyway. The only other downside of having the TPMS light on is that you can't disable VSA - but you can also do that temporarily by pulling a fuse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts