Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if you can program the TPMS sensors yourself or is it a trip back to the dealer? My dealer charges $20 for this and I was curious if there was a way to do it yourself...

I have a '11 Touring, which is equivalent to the Touring Elite in the US. Our van was the first one delivered to our local dealership and it is Celestial Blue. We bought a 17" set of Moda MD10 wheels from Tire Rack along with a set of Blizzak WS70's and TRW TPMS sensors. I put my winter wheels on last Friday and it is a bloddy hassle getting an appointment at the dealer to get the new sensors programmed.

A good friend has an '10 Pilot and they appear to use a different system on the Pilots. Inside each wheel well is a receiver that receives the TPMS signals from the tires located inside each wheel well. Whenever you change the wheels, driving it for 5 or 10 minutes allows the Pilot to detect the new sensors and start receiving data from them. It also allows you to get the specific tire pressures for each wheel as well.

Just curious...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Check the Wheels, Tires, and suspension section for some info on this fun FUN feature called TPMS. In short...total disaster.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Interesting... in one of the other posts, another member indicated that the '11-'12 Touring Elite (or Tourings as we have in Canada) can hold two sets of TPMS codes as opposed to one. Does anybody know if that is in fact true? If so, it would work fine for me: one set for summer (stock 18s) and another set for winter (17s).

Has anybody gotten this to work on an '11-'12?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Did anyone ever get back to you. I have new ODY and just installed winter set. Need to re-program and also curious if it can hold two sets of codes. That would be great. Dealer wanted $88 and an hour, local tire shop quote $18 bucks and said just stop by.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts