Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The TPMS Sensor warning light on my 2010 touring is coming up. It is steady.got 40k miles. Took it to the honda dealership the other day to try to reset it. They diagnosed it as being one of the sensors from the rear tyre and charged $60. Any idea on how to reset or recalibrate it? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
How old is it? It may simply need to be replaced. It is normal for the TPMS sensor battery to drain after 7-8 years of use. Normal routine maintenance to replace these.

What did the dealership do besides diagnostic? For $60 you could have got a new sensor installed. If it just needed to be reset the dealer should have done that for little or no charge.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How old is it? It may simply need to be replaced. It is normal for the TPMS sensor battery to drain after 7-8 years of use. Normal routine maintenance to replace these.

What did the dealership do besides diagnostic? For $60 you could have got a new sensor installed. If it just needed to be reset the dealer should have done that for little or no charge.
I think TPMS has not been replaced before on this vehicle. This dealer quoted $250 to replace one sensor and forced me to do it the same day itself posing heavy risk. But i asked him to just reset it and he came back to say his technician cannot reset it and charged a diagnostic fee too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think TPMS has not been replaced before on this vehicle. This dealer quoted $250 to replace one sensor and forced me to do it the same day itself posing heavy risk. But i asked him to just reset it and he came back to say his technician cannot reset it and charged a diagnostic fee too.
Bastards, did they charge u for the coffee as well while u were waiting?
U can get all for for around 250, installed & programmed, try discount tire center, they can check which one is bad and either change the bad one or get all 4 new, I think u can buy some online and take it to them and just pay for labor,

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bastards, did they charge u for the coffee as well while u were waiting?
U can get all for for around 250, installed & programmed, try discount tire center, they can check which one is bad and either change the bad one or get all 4 new, I think u can buy some online and take it to them and just pay for labor,
Yeah , thats the next thing that I am going to do. Buy online and take it to a local tire shop.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yea I was going to do that but since I was getting new tires i said f it and put new ones on, but the first time they didnt program them right, no tpms warning but the psi number was blank, so I took it back to discount tire center and they reprogrammed it, wife is happy, now on to my check engine light problem..

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
I think you can buy a genuine Honda TPMS sensor on Bernardi or Majestic web site for very little cost ($30?) and have it installed for about another $30. So $60 for each tire or $240 for all 4.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts