Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a rather simple DePAX of my 2005 Odyssey Touring. I went as far to spend the money to have the PAX tires dismounted from the rims in order to get the original TPMS sensors from them. I installed 18" MDX with new tires. I took the vehicle into the local Honda dealer, and asked them to put in my TPMS sensors, which i had in a bag with NEW valve stems installed. The proceeded to install them, and then told me they were not working. They said they could not get ANY of the 4 sensors to respond to the programming tool. Basically, they said they would not work with these rims, which I say BUNK, because they should take a program using the tool no matter where they are, wheter in a rim or not! That is a separate issue from the senor not communicating with the vehicle, right??

One detail is that the sensors were setting in my garage at zero pressure for a month or so. Could this have deactivated them???

Basically, what do I go back tot he dealer and say. I know they are wrong, or they screwed them up in some way with the programming tool. I think they thought I purchased NEW sensors, but I did NOT.. They were the ones that came of the PAX wheels that I had removed. What gives? I called Acura, and they said that i should not have needed to do anything but drive the vehicle for a minute at slow speed, and the sensors should pick up without an issue.

i'm thinking that Honda tried to force a new program on the sensors, and "bricked" them similar to uploaded an incorrect BIOS in the computer.

Any comments you can provide that I can go back to honda with in order to help them figure this out i would appreciate. Thanks!!! Please HELP!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I can't say for sure if your sensors are working or not...

but I can say for sure that the Touring PAX sensors do NOT need to be programmed! That's probably why they didn't respond to the programming tool! You just bolt on the wheels and go...it may take a few feet of rolling to get the readings, but there is no programming!

Yes, the sensors will work with any wheel that will physically accomodate them...just look at all the de-PAX posts and all the different wheels used.

Why are you messing with the dealer to begin with? Just go to a tire store and have them mount and balance your tires. They'll put the sensors on for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel kinda stupid... Actually, i flipped throught the menu and the tire pressure values are reading. There is no TPMS error. However, my issue seems to be that the PAX system warning still remains. I still have the PAX LIMIT REACHED, STOP DRIVING error. So, the TPMS are fine. I just need the pax system error reset now. I took it back to the dealer just now to show them, and they want me to make another appointment. I made it, but I'm hopeful that I can find the solution here and do it myself.

THanks for replying!!!

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Behold the power of the search feature. :D

Glad it worked out for ya. Stealers are stupid sometimes and other times they're smart and act stupid to part you with more money. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts