Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just depaxed our 2006 Odyssey Touring. Used take offs from a 2010 Acura TL. they came from a dealership with original TPMS sensors. From my research, they are both TRW so should work. Also read and was told that the touring automatically read the new sensors. Well, I have been driving for 2 days now and the PSI readout on the dash is giving hash marks ("--") but the general "Check TPMS system" error will not come on till around 30 min of driving. The other odd thing (or at least I consider it odd) is that if I am parked outside our garage where the old wheels are stored, one reading will change from the above marks to "32" which makes me think its picking up one of the tires. Any ideas on things I can try or just take it in to Discount Tire where I had everything done on Monday?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Move your old tires with their TPMS sensors to the opposite side of your house. If they are within range, (which they apparently are) your vehicle will attempt to register them.

Not sure where but there are compatibility charts on this site that will tell you whether the TPMS sensors on your new wheels are compatible. My gut tells me they are not.

I own a 2006 Honda Odyssey Touring, went through the depax process, and had no problem. The new TPMS sensors registered after driving about a half mile.

·
Registered
613 Posts
You have two identical vans? :huh:

Wow, that is different. Do you have stickers on one or something, I mean say you have been driving one and leave your cell charger and sunglasses in one and then your wife takes it by mistake - as they both look the same? Or one may need gas you take the wrong one by mistake?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry buddy. 2010 TL tpms sensor is NOT compatible with the 2006 Touring. They are from the same manufacturer and use the same frequency but the encoding of the signal is different. Here is a list of cars that use the same tpms sensors. Stick to any one of these car's tpms and you are good to go.

Odyssey Touring 2005-2007
Ridgeline 2006-2008
Pilot 2004-2008
MDX 2004-2006
RL 2006-2008
TL 2006-2008

·
Registered
7 Posts
You have two identical vans? :huh:

Wow, that is different. Do you have stickers on one or something, I mean say you have been driving one and leave your cell charger and sunglasses in one and then your wife takes it by mistake - as they both look the same? Or one may need gas you take the wrong one by mistake?
Hers has a bug deflector on the hood and a wind deflector for the sunroof.

Other than that they are identical. I didn't intend to have them the same color it just worked out that way.

Aside from the Porsche 911 I had back in my single days they are the best cars I have ever owned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry buddy. 2010 TL tpms sensor is NOT compatible with the 2006 Touring. They are from the same manufacturer and use the same frequency but the encoding of the signal is different. Here is a list of cars that use the same tpms sensors. Stick to any one of these car's tpms and you are good to go.

Odyssey Touring 2005-2007
Ridgeline 2006-2008
Pilot 2004-2008
MDX 2004-2006
RL 2006-2008
TL 2006-2008
I just depaxed my 05 touring with bmw x5 wheels and have a question. Rather than purchasing new tpms, can I safely pull the fuse under the hood? I just want the instrument panel tpms to disappear. Does the fuse control any other items besides the tpms? If you have any suggestions, please share. I love my van, just not the pax prices etc....

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just depaxed my 05 touring with bmw x5 wheels and have a question. Rather than purchasing new tpms, can I safely pull the fuse under the hood? I just want the instrument panel tpms to disappear. Does the fuse control any other items besides the tpms? If you have any suggestions, please share. I love my van, just not the pax prices etc....
Don't know. And I don't remember reading anything in any threads in this forum about anybody doing that either. I know that the VSM (vehicle stability system) is somehow tied in with the TPMS system but that's all I know. The real questions is why would you spend the money for a set of BMW wheels and not spend a little extra for TPMS? A new OEM set costs around $155. Check out this ebay listing:

OEM ACURA HONDA TPMS WHEEL RIM SENSOR 06421-S3V-A04 PAX | eBay

Also, I have read that people have reused their old TPMS sensors from their pax wheels. Also, Tirerack.com sells a set for $116. I don't think it's OEM but it's cheaper and it works great. I know, I have a set of them. If you order from Tirerack, just tell them it's for a 2006 Ridgeline. Don't tell them it's for an Odyssey Touring or they will say they don't have anything that fits it. It shouldn't cost that much for a local tire shop to install them. TPMS is a safety feature as well as a means to maintain proper tire inflation for better fuel economy. I'm just not sure why you would want to defeat it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Noob question on TPMS can we get any set of wheels that match odyssey and install the correct TPMS? or are there any restrictions? For example can i get a 2011 pilot 17" wheels and replace the TPMS with the correct ones?

·
Super Moderator
13,642 Posts
Noob question on TPMS can we get any set of wheels that match odyssey and install the correct TPMS? or are there any restrictions? For example can i get a 2011 pilot 17" wheels and replace the TPMS with the correct ones?
Yes you can get any Ody compatible wheels and then put in the correct TPMS and you will be fine.

That said, we like our n00bs here to do search, read up, get confused, then do more search and do more reading get confused some more ........

Thank you for posting in existing thread on the subject however. You are ahead of most n00bs merely due to that. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes you can get any Ody compatible wheels and then put in the correct TPMS and you will be fine.

That said, we like our n00bs here to do search, read up, get confused, then do more search and do more reading get confused some more ........

Thank you for posting in existing thread on the subject however. You are ahead of most n00bs merely due to that. :)
Thank you for the information. i read several threads on the Depax while there is a lot of information iin various threads but almost all of them did something different or the other and there is not a thread that has a FAQ on Depax. I am still reading the 48 page log thread on Depax. I have not yet finished it yet (at 32 page right now) :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts