Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to track your shipped ody if you have the Vin? I was under the impression that there was a way to do this from previous posts I've seen. My 2002 RRP EX-L-Res was shipped yesterday and I got the Vin today. I'd love to know if anyone can help me out

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
There used to be a way on www.bnsf.com but that was taken away a couple of weeks ago
Access to that site now is for direct customers of the railway only, and we car buyers don't qualify - Honda is the railway's customer.

BNSF could have pulled the capability out of general concerns for security of shipments, or they may have bowed to pressure from Honda. I guess Honda dealers were getting pretty unhappy that their Odyclub customers know more about their cars than they do!

Regards,

------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EX-L due 10/17
'85 Prelude that we'll keep!
'01 Ninja folding aluminum scooter
'00 New Balance model 658 shoes w/ '01 White Laces

[This message has been edited by Maugham (edited 09-26-2001).]

·
Registered
83 Posts
Same here! I just got my vin yesterday. I was so looking forward to tracking this just as I do FEDEX or UPS packages(I'm like a little kid). This is really a bummer. I called Honda consumer affairs, and they can only tell me that it has shipped, and will be 2-3 weeks. I was actually hoping that I might see it this weekend. I live in East Tennessee. As soon as I hear, I'll be posting

Michael Harris

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yeah thats a real bummer. I tracked our '02 that was shipped Aug 28 and it only took 3 days over Labor Day weekend to get from Canada to Houston. The other 10 days it sat in the car yard-THAT is why the dealers probably made a stink-people knew their cars were in, but dealers would say they werent.
Oh well-was nice while it lasted.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh well. From using sites like this, I've been a few steps ahead of the dealers I've been working with. I was able to provide them the new 2002 specs & prices long before Honda did. That helped them get that info to customers with inquiring minds. As one of my sales persons said, "Honda should be paying you for all the work you did for them." I told them I just want my car at MSRP thank you very much. I'm actually thinking of asking them to through in the leather wrapped steering wheel at no extra charge to me. We'll see.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Look at my topic on page 2 now called "helpful shipping info". I tracked my Ody all the way off the train and pick it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
478 Posts
oc2002ody-Are you saying you bought from an out of state dealer and they are shipping it to you? Or you bought locally and just want to track it from the factory to the dealer? I have a couple of (other) questions for you if you don't mind emailing me... Thanks!

------------------
On the waiting list for my '02 EX Nav in RED!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone with a VIN can email me at :
[email protected]

with the last 8 digits...

I have friends in "low" places and will see what I can find for you.

Got my MB EXL in less than 3 weeks (if it comes this week, was unloaded yesterday 7am from train about 3 hours from dealer) ..lucked out with dealer in Killeen TX.

[This message has been edited by txjim (edited 09-27-2001).]

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dsalfred:
Look at my topic on page 2 now called "helpful shipping info". I tracked my Ody all the way off the train and pick it up tomorrow.</font>
Thanks for the tip. Following your suggestion, I found additional tracking sites at http://www.trainweb.org/railtrac/

Do dealers have access to railcar numbers?

Regards,

------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EX-L due 10/17
'85 Prelude that we'll keep!
'01 Ninja folding aluminum scooter
'00 New Balance Model 658 Shoes w/ '01 White Laces

·
Registered
17 Posts
Don't want to get any BNSF employees in trouble. But, after losing the ability to track any further from their Web site, I called BNSF, explained (nicely) what I was trying to do, and they told me the current location of my vehicle over the phone... twice. Look under the Web site's "Contact Us" link for the number. Hope that helps.

------------------
OkieOdy

96 Accord
02 Odyssoon
---------------------

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okieoddy, Thanks for the info. I tried over the weekend by calling a number from the contact us page and they told me they couldn't do it. I called this morning and they gave it to me. It will arive in Los Angeles in less than 48 hours. It's passing through Arizonia as I type. I guess it could sit in LA for a few days while it trys to hitch a ride on a truck down to our dealership. Also, BNSF just needed the last 8 of your VIN. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okieoddy, Thanks for the info. I tried over the weekend by calling a number from the contact us page and they told me they couldn't do it. I called this morning and they gave it to me. It will arive in Los Angeles in less than 48 hours. It's passing through Arizonia as I type. I guess it could sit in LA for a few days while it trys to hitch a ride on a truck down to our dealership. Also, BNSF just needed the last 8 of your VIN. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I live in Toronto, about an hour away from the factory and my 2002 Odyssey has been "on route" for at least three days now and they can't track it down. So if it takes that long to travel an hour, I understand your frustrations in the USA.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Any more updates on this topic? Just got my VIN number and cannot wait to get the van - wish there was a way to track BNSF like UPS, Fed EX, etc. (I guess, from reading this forum, there used to be a way but things have changed). The dealer tells me the van was shipped yesterday and should be here within a week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts