Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who are looking to trade up to an '02, what kind of prices are you getting on '99-'01 Ody's?

I've got a dealer offering me $24,700 on my '01 EX no nav with 7/100 HondaCare.

That's on buying an EXL-RES at MSRP.

Thanks,
Eric

------------------
2001 TW EX - Trans Cooler, Bug Shield, Leather Steering Wheel Cover, Wheel Well Liners, Crossbars, Thule Evolution 1600 Luggage Carrier

·
Registered
122 Posts
erickam

That is a good deal, He is offering over invoice. I was told $23,000 - $23,600 for a van with 20K miles - '01 GG EX.

This is for trading in for an EXL - GG

I talked to Honda Care today. I bought my van on Sept 16th. Honda Care will reimburse me $700.00 for the warranty to me.

How many miles is on your car? Do they get the difference in cash for your warranty???

So your resale is probably $24,000 + $700 for the warranty??? Correct.

Please let me know. I might have to kick some -ss at my dealership.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. My van has 13,000 miles on it and I bought it in February.

They didn't break out the dollars and I'm still undecided. Having a hard time convincing my wife that we need a new vehicle 6 months after we got the old one.

Some people...

Eric

------------------
2001 TW EX - Trans Cooler, Bug Shield, Leather Steering Wheel Cover, Wheel Well Liners, Crossbars, Thule Evolution 1600 Luggage Carrier

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi Ericam,
When to an other dealer today.

Sign a contract for a new 2002 GG EX-L
for $28,690.00

They gave me $24,200 for my trade.
Car has 19,900. Here is the catch...
I must give my car up by Sept. 30th and put no more than 800 miles. Car made late October allocation which means I will probably see it on the 2nd or 3rd week in November. Yikes!!!
I had to duck when I told my wife that. We will do without a car for a month and a half. Will save 2 car payments and insurance for a while. I will give the dealer a base EX with mat, Honda hitch, Clifford Alarm & TL wheel swap.

Nestor...
The dealer I sold my car to is a Honda/Acura dealer. They loved your wheel swap

Trevor told me the hitch will not be compatible with the 2002 so I factored this in my negotiation.

I am pulling out my Fog lights, Car Phone Cassette deck, WeatherTech mats and deflector, Cargo Tray and Cargo Mat out of the car and will reinstall in my new Odyssey.

Will get a check from Honda for my Honda Care in the amount of $700.00 approx.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tell me more about getting money back for Honda Care?

Thanks,
Eric

------------------

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hmm...let's see ... 2001 EX = 26400 + $440 = $26840 + taxes,docs,etc ... let's say 1560 ... so, total ... approx 28400 ... and you can get approx. $24200 ... hmmm ... $4200 ...gone... and now guys ... you are doing it again ... hmmm... I don't think that we will see your stories in Money or Kiplinger ...

·
Registered
585 Posts
LOL

But you MIGHT see it in the latest issue of Ody-Fanatics.

·
Registered
122 Posts
ODYDRIVER,
That is $24,200 for my 2001. I got my ODY for $1,000 off MSRP. An analyst I work with covers American Honda in his portfolio. The tax benefit raises this price to $26,200. I would have to sell it at this price on Ebay with my Honda Care. I am only losing $155.00 ( incl. $25 cxl fee) from what I paid. So my benefit is technically $26,900. My difference in sales taxes will only be less than $400 and my original loan rate was 7.25%/48 months my new loan rate will by $3.9/48 months through Honda Finance - (got a deal b/c of my FICO score and repeat customer) locked in till my car comes in. Original payment was $480. New payment is $450. Same loan amount and I got leather!!!!!!!!!!

The catch was that I needed to give up my car at the end of September before 2001 resale figures are out. The depreciation on an Odyssey in the 1st year with 12,000 - 15,000 miles is $3,200. I got a better deal than that with 20,700. It will be 1 year driven on Sept. 16th, 2001.

The only maintenance I did was Oil changes every 3,750 miles and tire rotations. I need to do the 15,000 mile check-up ($300.00) and possible need new brakes in front ($150.00) in 4000 miles.- Wife rides brakes hard

So, if you factor all these factors, who is taking who? I have my MBA/JD and work on Wall Street. Before that I worked as Finance Director at Chase Auto Finance. I ran the numbers and got all the hidden incentives to the Honda dealer regarding the Odyssey before I went in. Needed to wait until pricing was out. Dealt directly with the Sales Manager (I knew him at Chase Auto Finance) and we came to an agreement on his cut and mine. The most they are selling my car is for $25,600 Certified Honda.

Erickam....Don't listen to these guys. I would get $25,200 for your car at Honda. I like yours alot. Call Honda Care at 1-800-999-5901 for the reimbursement on your Honda Care.

My Odyssey in 1 year has numerous scratches in the interior and road chips on the hood
With all this, I think I did great.

Good luck.
1ODY2NV

01 - GG EX -sold
02 - GG EXL - 2nd week in Nov '02

1 - 8 of 8 Posts