Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the curt wiring harness Part#55336
i found it on ebay and was wondering if it was any good or should i find another?
Oh btw its for a 2001 EX

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I have a Curt sway bar that seems built well. There's really not much to the harness so worth trying. I see Amazon has them for $12. Cheap enough.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Not sure about Curt.
There is a wired socket for trailer lights behind the rear side panel on the driver side of the Ody.
I got a trailer harness from Pepboys that fit that socket. I can't remember the exact price but it wasn't expensive maybe $10-20.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Curt seems to make decent stuff. The only headache is getting to the connection point without major disassembly of the interior and removal of the rear bumper. I cheated, warmed up the panel and pried it out just enough to sneak my hands in to clip it in place. The only change I had to then make was to relocate the ground wire to a spot I could get to.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I didn't remove the rear bumper on mine. Pulled the side panel open a bit and fished it through a body grommet.

·
Registered
447 Posts
You guys know there a pre-wired trailer connector hidden behind the rear panel, inside the van on the driver's side? Pepboys had the male connector that fit with a trailer connector on the other side. Probably the Honda dealer or a trailer supply would have it too.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
You guys know there a pre-wired trailer connector hidden behind the rear panel, inside the van on the driver's side? Pepboys had the male connector that fit with a trailer connector on the other side. Probably the Honda dealer or a trailer supply would have it too.
That is what that Curt cable connects to. Some folks just let the wire hang out the back door but I needed it for my camper that has electric brakes. Needed to fish it to the outside world.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts