Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the Honda factory reccomendation for transmission fluid change with standard service? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,639 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I searched "tranny interval"(maybe not the best search words) and did not get the desired results, that's just one problem when using the search archive.
Thanks for the help, though.

PS-I just read thru much of the above referenced link including mm logic pages, they were pretty informative, but nowhere did i see a reference to Honda spec for normal service of the transmission. One post referenced that he read on another post that 30k was for severe service and 45k for normal service, and the Honda owners manual is not any clearer re: normal service. Aren't these forums here to help one another???

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PPS-I am still reading further posts and have yet to find anyone state what HONDA recommends for normal service of transmission.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I have put Magnafine inline transmission filter, which is changed every 30k. This gives me a good change interval opportunity.

Given Ody tranny issues, I suggest drain and fill every 30k. Drain and fill 3x every 60k. Cheap insurance for having a tranny that will last.

Not sure what official Honda policy is, should be in your maintenance manual. Just hope they don't have life time fluid BS in there.
Max

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have a "maintenance
manual", I have an owners manual and that states service by mm# not mileage with the exception that severe schedule is 30K.

·
Super Moderator
13,639 Posts
bones774 said:
I don't have a "maintenance
manual", I have an owners manual and that states service by mm# not mileage with the exception that severe schedule is 30K.
Isn't that the answer you're looking for? Follow the MM OR drain and fill every 30K is what Honda recommends. I am not sure what the problem is or what exactly you're looking for. All things recommended by Honda should be in the Owner's manual.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what is the Honda factory reccomendation for transmission fluid change with STANDARD service?

30k is for severe service!!! I would like to know normal service without having to read the MM.

·
Super Moderator
13,639 Posts
Re: Re: tranny interval service

bones774 said:
what is the Honda factory reccomendation for transmission fluid change with STANDARD service?

30k is for severe service!!! I would like to know normal service without having to read the MM.
MM based vehicles DO NOT have mileage based recommendations. You can look at the maintenance schedule of a pre MM system van (2nd gen) to see what Honda USED to recommend but with your van the only recommendation is MM or 30K.

BTW. With Honda's legendary tranny history, I'd do the service every 30K any way regardless of if the MM pops the tranny service code or not.

·
Registered
664 Posts
2006 and older, every 15k. 2007 and newer, do honda maintenance schedule of every 30k.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Forget what Honda says (or does not say).

I change my ATF every 25-30K.
It is a complete flush.
Detail Info in the "Periodic Maintenance" section of the forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts