Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with all these tranny question I have somewhat of a quandry. My wife has a 02 or 03 (don't recall and I don't drive it) Ody. I don't believe she has ever had the tranny fluid changed. It currently has 145ish k (kilometers, 97K miles). It has only been to an independent for services. She wants to take it to California in July. The interesting thing is everything else brakes, tires, coolant, I know has been done when required. I just can't find anything on the tranny. What should I do? I hate flushes as they just break stuff loose. Everything shifts fine with no issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greg,

Thanks for the quick reply, are you talking a complete drain or just pull the plug drain refill etc. Sorry this is her car, I don't comment on the mess the kids make in it, or the maint, or drive it keeps it simpler for me.

I work on my cars but haven't touched hers other than a door roller (it's and EX). I also read there is an external filter? I am guessing this is a stealer only item?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I did the drain and refill, it pretty easy. I was also looking at "some papers" in the glove box. Tranny fluid was changed at about 110K (70K miles) so it wasn't as dire as I thought. It might even have been done twice lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.