Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
curiousgeorge2 said:
My advice is, as painful as this sounds, if its never been changed, just let it be. It will last a little longer, but in both cases you're already on a eminent path to getting a new tranny. Good luck.
Man, I don't know if I agree with this...I'm a big supporter of the drains and fills along with removing the dark fuzz on the drain plug magnet that gregersonke and New Dad New Van mention.

I bought a 2003 EX-L with 55,000 miles on it, and when I drained the ATF....dark as sin. Not good. I do not think it had ever been serviced.

I did a 3x drain-refill all in a day, then 1x more in a couple more days with Valvoline MaxLife. After that, I did an ATF drain-refill with each oil change. Ran MaxLife for 42,000 miles.

I just switched to AmSOil Universal ATF at 97,500 miles, and have topped 100,000 miles. I don't know if the ATF temps are any lower, but it has helped my fuel economy a little, along with the Mobil 1 5W20.

So far, so good.

OF

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.