Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CEL lit up for the first time after 110k trouble free miles. I got a P040 and P1739. I know what that means since I have always been reading related threads in this forum. The dealer refused to be of any help though it has always been serviced there, which also includes the timing belt change. They quoted 5200$ for a Honda re-manufactured tranny.
The van has been running pretty smooth and also the codes never came back after I reset them. I intend to keep the van for sometime and was planning to get a re-manufactured transmission. Two brands are in my mind: Gator and Jasper. I liked the Jasper website since they also recommend the place where I can install them, but they are expensive. Gator seems to be decent. Good price and good reviews, but the problem is if you live outside IL; they have no mention of recommended installers outside IL. What is the point in buying a good product if its not installed right. My question is, Does anyone here know of a mechanic having experience installing Gators in the Philly, PA area?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts