Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Trans. cooler / Power Steering cooler

2261 Views 12 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  albaby
Hi,

Awaiting delivery of our 2002 Odyssey. Want to put a hitch on. A few questions please.
1. Is the hitch clas II,III or can you choose?
2.I'm told some 2002 come with the power steering and trans cooler from the factory, anyone seen this?
3.How is the wiring set up as far as the plug?

Thank you, Tom
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
197 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moopie:
I noticed in the owners manual that Honda recommends a "weight distributing trailer hitch" for towing over 1850 pounds, something that the factory hitch is not. Be careful if you intend to tow over this amount. Also, they say your trailer should have brakes if its over 1000 pounds. </font>
OH really! They (dealers) seem to indicate that with the Honda hitch and coolers, you can do 3500lbs. Now you need a different type, which honda is not? Jeez, if the dealer can't advise technical specifications, who can? One paragraph in the owner's manual?

· Registered
197 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moopie:
I noticed in the owners manual that Honda recommends a "weight distributing trailer hitch" for towing over 1850 pounds, something that the factory hitch is not. Be careful if you intend to tow over this amount. Also, they say your trailer should have brakes if its over 1000 pounds. </font>
Were did you find that the Honda hitch is not a weight distributing hitch?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.