Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have a part number for the transmission drain plug crush washer? The dealer wants $7 each and I want to locate the washer elsewhere. It's for a 2016 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite. TIA.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try Amazon. A 20-pack for $7.00
That says oil though. I need crush washers for the ATF drain plug.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I bought these:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought these:
Okay I just ordered those. Hopefully they fit properly. When the parts counter guy told me $7 each I immediately handed them back to him. $7 for that...that is crazy!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Okay I just ordered those. Hopefully they fit properly. When the parts counter guy told me $7 each I immediately handed them back to him. $7 for that...that is crazy!
I hate dealerships for ripping everyone off. I don't trust many either, always looking to reach in your pockets.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hate dealerships for ripping everyone off. I don't trust many either, always looking to reach in your pockets.
I agree! The first parts guy that I got at the same dealership gave me one for free when I purchased 4 quarts of ATF-DW1. This time it was a different parts guy and I purchased 7 quarts of the same and used my 10% off coupon I printed from their website. Still came up $80 and then I asked how much the transmission fluid was and he said $9.99 but its those crush washers they are $7 each. When he said that I said here...you can have them back...I am not paying $7 for that I will get some online. It's not just dealers....in general these days it seems like someone is always trying to get into your pockets for something. I honestly don't care what they think of me...I don't pay for stuff unless I need to be paying for it. That's like internet access for example....the regular prices for internet access here is $74.95 a month for 60 meg service through Comcast and then Verizon wants $104.99 for their 100 meg service each month. I switch yearly to keep the promotional rates which have been about $40 a month. I don't have any problem paying for something if I feel its needed and that I am getting a good value...but otherwise no ...I don't play that game.

Thank you guys for the help and sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
You can get a whole case of DW-1 on Amazon for $88.

I've used those washers from Amazon. They work just fine.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
From my notes, but double check yourself ...
90471-PX4-000 = ATF drain plug washer (18mm)
11107-PWA-300 = ATF fill plug washer (24mm)
94109-14000 = oil drain plug washer (14mm)
All measurements are ID.

On the DW-1, I noticed that HandA-accessories is shutting down their online sales soon. DW-1 is on there right now for $64.80 per case, plus shipping.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Where did you see that?
My brother in law is on their email list. HandA sent out an email to people on that list with the news. I did not see any mention of it on their website. The dealership will remain, they are just shutting down their online sales, no specific timing mentioned.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
My brother in law is on their email list. HandA sent out an email to people on that list with the news. I did not see any mention of it on their website. The dealership will remain, they are just shutting down their online sales, no specific timing mentioned.
Thanks. I know that lots of people in this forum recommend HandA.

I've found a few other Honda dealerships that have on-line sales departments that are very (even extremely) reasonable compared to buying at the parts counter of that same dealership. As an example, I ordered a sliding door motor from Big Honda Parts https://parts.bighonda.com which is located at Gary Yeomans Honda in Florida. You can also buy parts directly from the Gary Yeomans site. https://www.garyyeomanshonda.com/Order-Parts.html

It's kind of funny, and certainly telling, when you compare the prices:

Big Honda Parts shows:
  • List Price:$462.43
  • You Save:$129.48 (28% off)
  • Sale Price:$332.95
Gary Yeomans "Order Parts" link shows:

Sale Price: $610.41

They are basically telling you that the dealership parts department marks up the List Price by 32%.

·
Registered
13,499 Posts
The main reason to use a fresh crush washer is to get the bolt torque correct. Anyone careful could reuse one. Indeed the TSB directions only call for fresh one for the final fill. Some dolt at a Jiffy place can damage the threads trying to tighten with a used washer. For 33 cents each, might as well do it right.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've done the transmission drain and fill once and I just reused the washers. No leaks, no issues. I plan on doing another in the next month or so , I will be getting new washers for that service.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've done the transmission drain and fill once and I just reused the washers. No leaks, no issues. I plan on doing another in the next month or so , I will be getting new washers for that service.
I have done multiple used washer drain and fills using the same washer. I typically flip it over and out it on unless it has cracks.

I have done this on the oil drain plug as well.

Usually replace them after 2-3 flips. The gaskets are so cheap you might as well just put a new one on.

If doing a fluid change in a pinch and couldn't source a new one in time. I wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure to check back in a day and make sure it not leaking.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
10 Participants
brybo86
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing