Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a cooler and trying to find out which one is the return line for ATF. I did some research and came across the attached in 1999-2004 Ody forum. Is it the same for 2006? Just wanted to confirm or if someone has it for 2006. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I am still not sure which one is the return line. I ran the engine for a few minutes and both were warm couldn't figure out which was cooler! I found another thread and they claim direction of flow is the opposite and not like shown in the graphic above

So if someone has done this - There are two ATF lines that are connected to the radiator at the bottom one is closer to the driver side and the other one I'd call passenger side. Which one is the return line where the cooler should be installed? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i decided to remove both hoses from the bottom of radiator, put them in empty bottles and turn on the engine for about a second or two. As you can see in the attached picture, bottle on the passenger side is empty and must be the ATF return line. The driver side (nipple is visible) had fluid out almost immediately and in bottle i collected like 250ml in about 2 secs or so. 2006 odyssey EX-L.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,560 Posts
This is the way I did it, to make 100% sure.

OF

Reactions: alpha1976

·
Premium Member
8,560 Posts
That diagram is for a 1999-2004. The line from the A/T runs to the passenger side of the radiator, and the line from the radiator, back to the A/T is via the driver's side.

This is how I plumbed my A/T coolers on our 2002 EX and 2003 EX (it says 4454 for the benefit of another Odyclubber):

Human body Sleeve Gesture Elbow Font

I actually used a Mocal OT1 thermostat set to start opening at 50°C (122°F) with full opening at 60°C (140°F) connected to the "To 4454" and "From 4454" points, and the other side of it connected to a Tru-Cool 4739.

OF

Reactions: alpha1976

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Post 567 +next 3 shows diagrams plus testing.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^^Thanks. I didn't find this when I was searching. So I had to pull the lines and verify. Not sure why this forum does not have sticky for DIYs? Information like this should be there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts