Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 Odyssey went into Park while my wife was going 19 mph.
Dealer says they "Can't make it replicate the problem" so they did a software upgrade.
I wonder if there is a recall, safety warning or government agency that should be informed.
This is our fourth, and last, Honda product. Many recalls and only 37K miles. WHAT A ROACH!

·
Registered
160 Posts
2018 Odyssey went into Park while my wife was going 19 mph.
Dealer says they "Can't make it replicate the problem" so they did a software upgrade.
I wonder if there is a recall, safety warning or government agency that should be informed.
This is our fourth, and last, Honda product. Many recalls and only 37K miles. WHAT A ROACH!
9 or 10 speed? Did she open the door while driving?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L, Platinum White Pearl on Mocha Brown Leather
1,436 Posts
There is a recall to address this issue with 9 speed. Usually happens when there is a battery charging issue or if the car loses power for any other issue (like a loose ground connection), TCM resets and defaults to park. The TSB/recall reprograms to default shift it into neutral.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
What does this do while the car is in motion? Sounds scary. I have the 9 speed too.
When the battery is low, it resets the transmission computer. It defaults to park. With new software it defaults to neutral.

Reactions: tyman

·
Registered
1,436 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
When the battery is low, it resets the transmission computer. It defaults to park. With new software it defaults to neutral.
I get the fix.
My question is to the person that started the thread...what does the car do without the TSB fix? Does it lock up the front wheels?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I get the fix.
My question is to the person that started the thread...what does the car do without the TSB fix? Does it lock up the front wheels?
It puts it in park while at speed. That would lock the front wheels, yes.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Yes, it locked up the wheels. If she were going faster, I assume it would just trash the transmission.
Getting her a new car. Life is too short to drive a Honda.
Let us know what you go with.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
FWIW, 10 speed doesn't have these issues.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Amazing stupidity! They effectively seize control, taking it away from you, and do the dumbest thing possible. A pattern that repeats in several areas affecting our lives.

Reactions: WiiMaster

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What did Forrest say? "Stupid is as Stupid Does". Looking at a Genesis GV-80. Anybody know anything about them? Anybody want to buy an Odyssey EX-L with 37K miles?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Anybody want to buy an Odyssey EX-L with 37K miles?
If it's a gen 2 that's lived outside the Rust Belt, I could be interested. 😉

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If it's a gen 2 that's lived outside the Rust Belt, I could be interested. 😉
Oklahoma, not a speck of rust, driven only by my wife (75 yrs old) with no accident history. Interior perfect, RF has rash from curbs under air dam. White/Tan EX-L. Genesis dealer offered $31.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts