Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally joined the transmission issue club on the weekend.
I have my 2000 Ody in at a friends shop and it looks like the overdrive and reverse gears are gone. Rest seems fine, (1-3 drive as normal).

My question is: Does anyone know a good transmission repair place in Calgary Alberta or know where I could get a decent priced rebuilt transmission as close to Calgary as possible. We have called two so far and they won't touch it.
I will find what I need eventually, but was hoping someone here could help me out!
Being 11 years old and over 250,000km, I cant see getting any help from Honda!
Greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem , but mine is not moving forward in 1-4 only Reverse is working.

Honda dealer is asking for 4000 to replace with rebuilt one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have looked everywhere and pondered what to do.
Eventually found a fully reconditioned transmission with new Torque Converter for a total of $1700 plus shipping from Superior transmission in Ajax (Toronto). Shipping is $270 for the transmission to be shipped here and my core back to them once its out. Its going to cost me an additional $1,000 - $1500 to make the switch by my mechanic here.
Total cost just over $3,000
Still a big ouch but not AS big!
Initial cost was over $5,000 total using national transmission in Calgary.
Don't even consider the dealer!!!
In the meantime, I am still using the van in lower gears getting back and forth the 2km to work. They were working on the transmission today and plan to ship early next week.
Had rotten luck finding a decent deal in Alberta. Odyssey transmissions move quickly, they are in demand. Everywhere I talked to said the same.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The warranty is 1 year or 20,000km
Labor is the $1,000 - $1500 I mentioned in the previous post.
I have a shop I trust, that helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts