Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I talked to local Honda dealer and explained tranny slippage on 2002 ODY with 67000 miles. Service manager told me that if Honda approves goodwill repair, I need to pay 50% (about $1900). My question is : will this tranny have improved /better clutch pack? I read many predecessor on this case ended up with several tranny swap.
If it is the same design and same material of clutch pack, I want to go to local independent shop to rebuild clutch pack.

Any experience you had or knowledge you learned help me choose correct path. I still like ODY engine; but its tranny sucks! AND NOT SAFE-- I had to stop, once slippage happened to try gear engagement.

Solenoid cleaning did not help. It seems like clutch pack is biodegradable....I installed B&M filter and tranny fluid cooler. Nothing helped.

·
Registered
137 Posts
They allegedly replace the entire tranny with a reman unit with all the 2004 "fixes". Search around and you can find out more info. There's even a video in here somewhere of the remanufacturing process.

If they are indeed replacing with a reman, they'll have to replace the ECU computer. If they were just rebuilding the existing tranny, it'd probably only cost $1,900. The ECU almost doubles the cost if you had to pay the whole thing on your own. Therefore it sounds like they're doing it right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts