Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of overhauling my "Core" transmission after a change, as a summer project. I can find the overhaul kits, but no documentation. Is there a service manual that covers the transmission overhaul process for a 2003 BYBA tranny?

I have the 2500 page Helms manual, but it only covers installation and removal.

Thanks,

Casey

·
Registered
2004 EX-RES
1,082 Posts
Alot of the times you have to go through the dealer for those or you can try alldata and see if they offer something that would work for you. Here's the link to alldata, http://www.alldata.com/products/online/

If your not going to use it for a while after you overhaul it you might want to wait. The seals and valves could go bad from just sitting there and the first time you go and put it in and use it you could have a problem. Thought I would just let you know good luck.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
He's right, if you just reassemble (and use ATF to coat bores, cylinders, valves, o-rings), you may have some difficulties on first use...even if you use it right away.

Use this stuff keep everything in shape after reassembly:

Assembly Lube

The primary use for this stuff, though, is to provide initial lubrication until all of the "flow circuits" get their share of ATF when the tranny first starts turning.

OF

1 - 3 of 3 Posts