Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Nice.
I really hope that is the problem. :D
Buffalo4
The cable may very well not be the problem. But if it is, compared to a transmission repair, it is easy and inexpensive to investigate and fix. So far, no one has volunteered any code reader information, no one has mentioned the diagnostic system embedded in the shift selector display. What I have offered up as an approach, makes sense - assuming that tait88 doesn't want to throw money at the problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Riverman, you are right about diagnosis stuff. I do plug my odb reader to it. It said misfire, I fixed it. It’s just bad ignition coil. Beside that I didn’t see any transmission code or flashing D kind of thing.

I also did some research there is a chance the tranny act weird as engine rpm is not right because of misfire. Not sure if it relates to my probs or not. I will chance the atf oil and filter, keep and eye on the tranny then

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2002 is doing something similar, but it's not consistent. I put it in"D" and nothing happens, so I push it into "2" real quick and off I go, moving up the gears as I need to. It even happens when I pull to a stop sign or red lights, so that makes it exciting! Green light, and I don't go! Shift to "2" and I'm in business. This method has worked every time. It's a rebuilt transmission and I left it with the owner for a weekend and, of course, he couldn't get it to act up. He changed the fluids and scanned for codes, but nothing. It worked perfectly after that for several months, but it's acting up again. I'm going to change the transmission filter and fluid when I get a chance. Not sure if they changed the filter when they did the rebuild, but I figure it couldn't hurt. The van has 213,000 miles on it and runs strong, otherwise, so I'm sticking with it for now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yeah it’s inconsistent I haven’t seen the prob now. Definitely I will try to shift to 2 if it is not moving.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts